New 1000-yd Heavy Gun World Record--Today at Hawks Ridge

Joel's accomplishment has even gotten to a knife forum I belong to, viewed in an entirely different way, from a completely different perspective.....

Now most of these guys are pretty reasonable, but they seem to think that Joel was cheating, somehow.....

They aren't very familiar with our sport, so they have a belief that guns should be shot offhand, opensights.....

Some of the comments are humourous, some are outlandish.....

I tried to explain, but I'm now getting comments, that are hard to defend against, just because, they don't, or won't, understand.....
Sounds like the kind of people who'd bring a knife to a gunfight . . .

Phil,
good to hear you got your system flushed out!

I assume you have all the pics and info of Joel's group that you need for your "3 inch club" listing on the PA website correct?
Actually no Steve I don't have any photos. If you do have some and could post one or two good ones on the site, I'll get it included in the 3's club listing. I'm right now downloading a OS for my new server here at home. It's a big project to change that out. Everything is moving slow here till the house settles back down. Joel said you also were doing renovation and are missing some trigger time.

Flushed out is a good term for it. Actually, had I gotten into the stuff much more, I'd have been backflushing the system too! I'm not used to that sorta drink. I think I've tried about 75% of beers ever made, but I avoid wine and whiskey (cept for Rum...).

joel sir

it will be interesting to see how your setup holds its tune and aggs at the end of the year,i bet it will be real good. and bet dave and randy were just glowing when they heard the news as i am sure they were when dave shot the record in colorado,man ,a flatbase bullet holding both records just never thought i would see the day when a flatbase was dominating in 1000yd stuff so much,but you and dave and a.jr have have proven them to be very good indeed,they sure shoot good in my barrel but i am using an 11twist@3150 trimmed and have not noticed and flyers but you are probably zipping them faster i would guess.when i first tried randys bullets a few years ago i got laughed at during some practice by some shooters that said a flat base wouldnt even make it 1000yds[ tactical shooters]but then a 5 inch group shut em right up .well great shooting mr joel and hope you can get another record clinched this year.and hope to see steve,dave, and everybody at the nationals.always a blast. tim in tx

Joel,
I just heard about the target. Congratulations, it could not have been shot by a nicer fellow.

Regan

Attachments

• JoelP06Nats.JPG
    JoelP06Nats.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 247
Back