Nesika bolt

VinceB

Hi Guys,
I'm looking for a bolt for a Nesika L action.
I believe Nesika has changed hands a time or two - where would I go for a bolt?
Thanks
Vince (UK)

Dakota Arms bought them, Glenn Harrison , the previous owner now has a firm called Phoenix Arms. You might contact Glenn and see if he can help.
Butch

I have a couple, extra, Nesika K bolts so I called Glenn to see if Phoenix would sell an action to fit the bolts, the answer was no. I didn't ask if they would build a bolt but at the time they were just building actions and you had to source bolts elsewhere.

I was told that Bruno would be the place to go for Nesika parts but I haven't called.

Dakota Arms

will sell the bolt to you. $600.00-$700.00 depending on the action. Price includes fitting the bolt to your action.

Hi Vince

Vince,

My name is Chad Dixon and I'm the former rifle dept production manager for Nesika. I left the company in June of 06 to come work in Iraq as a security contractor. Been here ever since and am ready to come home for good in March. 42 days and counting. . .

Anyways. As stated, Dakota Arms, Inc. is the parent company that owns Nesika Bay Precision.

Richard Spruill is your point of contact there for any/all matters pertaining to Nesika. The company will be more than happy to manufacture you a new bolt for your action, but it will require you sending the receiver to the plant as there is a bit of hand fitting that goes into the process. Mainly, ensuring the fire control is timed properly. (not a big deal)

While I was there, the price of a new bolt ran at $600 bucks. Obviously that is subject to change so take it with a grain of salt.

With an L length bolt the basic options are:

Standard or 11* drop handle (go drop, it'll clear scopes and irons better)
Aluminum or SS shroud. (the difference in weight is so small its really not even worth considering. SS will be far more resistant to scratches)
Aluminum or SS handle. (several options here, tear drop, tactical, hunter, etc. . .)
Bolt face. Obviously the cartridge decides this one.
Sako extractor?
Standard Nesika Extractor
Cone breech (single shot) or repeater?
Helical flutes, straight, or none? NOTE: If it's a repeater with a mechanical eject, you CAN'T have flutes!! the ejector will seize up in the flutes and the action will be AFU!!

That's about it other than having it coated/plated/blued.

About Glen:

Glen Harrison left Nesika/Dakota in 2005. He has started his own company up in the MT area and is building actions again. He and his wife are doing well and the new business seems to chugging right along.

Dakota/Nesika's contact info:

http://www.dakotaarms.com/

Hi Chad,

Thank you for taking the trouble to give such a detailed and comprehensive reply - and all the way from Iraq at that!

I hope your final few weeks pass quickly and you have a safe journey home.

Incidentally - have you seen the e-mail from 'K battenbough' on this thread? Kevin is a Brit shooter also in Iraq doing similar work to you. Kevin shoots a Nesika and currently holds the UK Heavy Gun record at 1000 yds.

Are you guys close by each other?

Many thanks
Vince

Hi Kevin,

Nothing too exciting - Andy Bird wants a new barrel on his Dave Tooley built Nesika - which is currently chambered in 7mmBooBoo. He's going for a 6.5x47 for 600 yd BR - which is now going well at Diggle.

'Bout time you got back and did some shooting - having said that, it's freezing today, with snow forecast tomorrow!

Stay safe buddy.

Vince

Hi Vince
Im still waiting for a reply from Chad, it would be nice to natter about 'proper rifles' instead of m4s and aks for a change, it turns out he is only a 5 minute walk from me at the US embassy, it would be great if we could meet I have a 100 questions for him already:rolleyes:. Im penciled in for leave in June but that may change but whenever I do get back I plan on making a trip to diggle for a blast again.
Ps make sure you document the rebarrelling of Andys rifle and get it up on precisionrifle. I keep waiting for the updates!:).

Tara for now mate.
Kev

Hi Kev

Kev I think the Haji's intercepted your email buddy. It hasn't showed up yet.

Here is my address just in case something is goofy: Chad@rushmore.com

I work at the US Embassy in Baghdad as the armorer and range officer for the NEC guard force. For a little while longer anyway. . .
I head home for good here soon. Time to go back and get a real job again. Momma says I'm done playing war.

If your a 1K shooter were you at Bisley in 2003? I was a sort of "part time" armorer for the US Palma Team that year. Couldn't make it over there though as I was fiddling with Olympic SB guns as well.

Anyways, shoot me a note when you get a chance.

Keep well and all the best,

~C

Chad,
My email must have crashed. Did you know James Anderson while at Dakota? What happened to the 6mmPPC deal that Kokesh worked out with Palmisano and Pindel? And the last question is, How do you indicate the barrel in your CNC lathe?
Butch

Chad,
My email must have crashed. Did you know James Anderson while at Dakota? What happened to the 6mmPPC deal that Kokesh worked out with Palmisano and Pindel? And the last question is, How do you indicate the barrel in your CNC lathe?
Butch

James Anderson?

Yeesh, I can't say. There were faces that came and went on the Dakota side. Towards the end Garret and I just kinda kept to ourselves back in our little corner of the shop.

I remember the PPC thing (vaguely) but couldn't tell you the outcome or the story line. I just recall Charlie trying to purchase "something" pertaining to that cartridge.

Last.

Barrel indicating.

I made a spider and used a buck chuck. From there it was just like anyone else would.

No smoke, mirrors, or magic. Just good fundamental machine shop practices.

Back