Neo front rest

REMY

Hi, just like to know if anyone has converted or replaced the top to one that can accept a edgewood front bag ? im looking to do this,i just dont like the top as it is.

I have one. Its not really an edgewood bag the sides are lots thinner. A regular bag like from a JJ rest wont go in. The top is the only way to go with a neo rest. You get the functionality of the neo with a good for BR bag- whats not to like?

FYI - I talked to J.D. Denoff one day at the Super Shoot (back when he was still speaking) about seeing him with several rear bags that day - all brand new. He said he couldn't find one that worked. I laughed (internally of course) but the very next day Clarence Hammond (pretty sure but not positive) was doing the same exact thing. I laughed a little bit but not so much as before and tracked their progress. Both did a little better with the new sandbags! Go figure!

The issue im having is with the adj. side plate's, im finding kind of hard to tighten the clamp's on them, and every now and again i find one comes loose while shooting also while looking better the clamp tighten's up only on one side while it moves easy with finger presure on the non clamped side. maybe should have a straight thru bolt as to have it clamp on both side ?
Ive tried to rough up with some sand paper to see if it would do better but not by much.
Dont get me wrong here i think the rest is very well made, solid and smooth to operate but the top and bag does not do it justice.

Regard's:)

Looks like he takes it down when theyre not in stock. You should call pat and get in line. Thats what i did and when he got a shipment in i got one for me and a customer

No his is a 1 piece bag in the factory top. This is a top that looks like a JJ rest top that goes on top of a neo. Replaces the entire top assy.

Here is a JJ rest

image_23.jpeg

And here is a poor picture of my neo with the new top

image_22.jpeg

Dusty,
Where did you get that small wind flag on the corner of the bench? If you have a contact for the maker I would appreciate it.

Just take the time to make that one yourself. Conversely, it would seem that any wind flag maker would do it for you at some price.....

David, I will take you up on that as soon as we get home, which should be Dec8th! We are in Vegas for Turkey day and a shoot that's weekend after then headed back to Phoenix for the rail gun shoot first weekend in Dec.
Wilbur, I have a lot on my plate, and while I enjoy making stuff, It would be better to pay someone to do it!
I make bench covers and that keeps me pretty busy!

Last edited:
Back