Need a little help....

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
A fellow asked what this was and I figured some of you long range guys would know:

"It's 300 win mag , the bolt face is .532. The stock is epoxied to the action. It has an aftermarket trigger, I think a Jewel."

Attachments

• IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,535
Wilbur,
Is this the same Jeff Lamer that chased off the shooter at the meeting house in Texas?

Bob

I tried to find the article that named the two Texans that chased down the meeting house shooter but could not find the name of the fellow that engaged the shooter. I thought his name was Jeff Lamer. I am very probably wrong. With that I retract the original question and it's implication.

Bob

Last edited:
You don't see anything like that now, not to many sleeved actions anyway it's kind of dated like a 300 Win Mag........ Jim

Last edited:
May not be able to sell if the serial # is covered. We have run into that from old sleeved actions. So you pay to take out of the sleeve and what do you have? hard to put a dollar amount on it Need to know if the serial # is covered.... Jim

Last edited:
I'll email the fellow and find out but let's say the serial # is covered but somebody knows what the action is and just wants the rifle...what's the price? Frankly, I just need to tell guy what the rifle would cost and I'll be as vague as possible. :) I ain't selling the rifle and believe he's somewhat stuck with it given what you said about it being "dated". If nobody says differently, I'm gonna say $1500 with no scope but I really don't have a clue.

I bought one similar to it for the parts for 500 last fall & the seller was happy to deliver it for that. It's a 1.450 barrel 308 Baer, appx. 45 lbs.

Last edited:
I'll email the fellow and find out but let's say the serial # is covered but somebody knows what the action is and just wants the rifle...what's the price? Frankly, I just need to tell guy what the rifle would cost and I'll be as vague as possible. :) I ain't selling the rifle and believe he's somewhat stuck with it given what you said about it being "dated". If nobody says differently, I'm gonna say $1500 with no scope but I really don't have a clue.

I think that is very high, because you can't ship it to a FFL. with no serial # . so you are limited to face to face, and to salvage the barreled action, would be questionable. The 500 dollar mark seems reasonable........ Jim

Thanks a million! That's what I needed....I'll tell the fellow what happened here and he can do what he wants to do.

Wilbur, Just too many variables, to be worth much and only a local transaction kills it...... sorry... Jim

Back