NBRSA Nationals

What I can recall...

Yesterday had decent conditions and we saw some nice groups on paper. Duane Capehart, Richard Schatz, and Glenn Sterling shot some really nice groups. Our local regular Bill Schrader is shooting well. Daryl Kopriva and Joe Thielen were shooting well too. Christina Thielen is probably giving Joe a run for his money too. There are other good groups being shot but these are the guys I can recall shooting consistently pretty well. Glenn Sterling shot a couple of 2.9XX" groups in LG today and may be on a run to wrap up some hardware here. That's all I can recall for now.

Congrats Richard Schatz

I know you are on a plane home right now but some nice shooting to wrap up the two gun overall.

Jim will get me the the results in a few days and I'll try to get them posted here so you all can see who did what damage.

We had a great bunch of shooters and a decent three days too have our match. Thanks everyone for attending and we hope to have you back soon.

Glen great shooting to you also. Yourself and Richard both broke the current 6target group agg for Light Gun and thanks to your pair of 2.9xxx's you will have the title after they are certified.

Daryl Kopriva

long time reader but first time poster here.

This was my first year shooting 1k BR after moving to CO and I'm a member of the CRC. All my prior shooting was in the tactical realm. Let me be the first to say the experience and conversations alone were worth it.
The CRC is a top facility and the men and women who participated in the nationals are all first rate individuals as well. I had the opportunity to have conversations with many who are atop the charts in records and amongst the best shooters period.
Many thanks to Mr. Schatz who took a lot of personal time over the 3 day event to answer all my questions. Many thanks as well to Mr. Kelby, and Murdica who I shared the pits with over the 3 days who also took the time to have some very enlightening conversations with me.

Joe & Christina Thielen, great meeting you and looking forward to seeing you again.

FYI Christina shot a target the was about 4" from a new world record she shot 4 shots into the X ring and dropped the final 5th shot into the 9. But hey if the unpredictability of the CRC winds didn't have a factor in the event it wouldn't be as nearly much fun!

Daryl you did a great job of working with Jim to make this event nearly flawless. Many thanks and great shooting as well...

I'm looking forward to next years season at the CRC.

James,

yup, I think I'm gonna shoot my hunting rifle and see how it does. I've been know to throw a few into BR type groups with a few hunting/tactical rifles ;-)

Ric

6-Target - LT Gun Group = Glen Sterling -- 5.3272 (pending NBRSA record)
6-Target - LT Gun Score = Richard Schatz -- 283

6-Target - HV Gun Group = Duane Capehart -- 8.010
6-Target - HV Gun Score = Duane Capehart -- 563

12 Target Group Agg = Glen Sterling -- 7.6015
12 Target Score Agg = Richard Schatz -- 835 (pending NBRSA record)

2-Gun Over-All = Richard Schatz

Congratulations to All !!!!!!
Donovan Moran

Last edited:
6-Target - LT Gun Group = Glen Sterling -- 5.3272 (new NBRSA record)
6-Target - LT Gun Score = Richard Schatz -- 283 (new NBRSA record)

6-Target - HV Gun Group = Duane Capehart -- 8.010
6-Target - HV Gun Score = Duane Capehart -- 563

12 Target Group Agg = Glenn Sterling -- 7.6015
12 Target Score Agg = Richard Schatz -- 835 (new NBRSA record)

2-Gun Over-All = Richard Schatz

Congratulations to All !!!!!!
Donovan Moran

thank you!

Byers totals

If my computer compiled the data correctly these are the group and score results from the Nationals. The spreadsheet has 2 sheets one with group totals and one with the score. Sorry it took so long to get this up.

Daryl

Attachments

• 2008 NBRSA 1000 yd Nationals.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 249
guys, i dont shoot br at these distances(yet), but why are the heavy groups larger than the light gun groups ? was this conditions, or is there something else i don't know.
thanks
mike

thanks darryl and jim

it looked like you and jim were staying busy,but you guys kept it going smooth and did a great job we enjoyed it much.and thanks to the guys and gals who cooked and supplied the food and all the sponsors. enjoyed all the conversations as well,there was a lot of interesting ideas flying around which just adds to the fun,and got to put some faces to the names of which i had only talked to on the forums.glad to hear glen got the record agg,i cant say i have seen someone shoot a 2.9 inch group and then back it up with the same size again.and was cool to see mr kelby[again] getting hooked on 1000yd shooting,and got to meet mr neilson,mr murdica,mr shatz, mr capehart and many others . it was good to see henry shooting the weak middle barrel and shooting pretty dang good with it as well.thanks again to everybody,it is always worth the drive to shoot will look forward to doing it again . tim in tx

Back