My first match

Bob1949

I just competed in my first ever, organized rim fire bench rest match today, and it was fun.
I’m down in Florida and the range is the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club.
You would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of fellows, they helped me with everything except my shoe laces.
I want to thank all the fellows for letting me shoot.
The card is a USBR 25 target, the small circle in the center is .100” in diameter and to score a 10 you have to cut it, for an X you have to plug it.

Bob

Attachments

• WP_20181114_002.jpg
    WP_20181114_002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:
First match

Congratulations. The Usbr target is one of the toughest you can shoot. Lots of good people in this sport that will be willing to help you if you have any questions.

I just competed in my first ever, organized rim fire bench rest match today, and it was fun.
I’m down in Florida and the range is the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club.
You would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of fellows, they helped me with everything except my shoe laces.
I want to thank all the fellows for letting me shoot.
The card is a USBR 25 target, the small circle in the center is .100” in diameter and to score a 10 you have to cut it, for an X you have to plug it.

Bob

Bob is a very nice gentleman, who showed up at our match equipped with a Anschutz rifle and a two piece rest. He appeared poised and comfortable during the match, so I would have never guessed that this was his first organized RFBR event. We shoot three RFBR matches per month at HRPC, so Bob will be able to get plenty of experience during his stay in Florida. I also agreed to sponsor Bob as a club member, if he wishes to join, but it's not necessary because all of our many monthly club matches are open to the public (if one is safe and follows all club and match rules). We look for to seeing Bob again soon. John Austen

Hi John, thanks for your reassuring words and support.
I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

Bob

Back