Most amazing rimfire achievement ever.

MaxxPower

This weekend at Capitol City, Maine, history was made.

Gary Hamilton shot a 250-25X. Amazing, right? No, it's more than amazing.

It was shot with a Sporter. I don't know if we'll ever see it again but, Gary, this is in my opinion the greatest achievement in RFBR.

Congratulations on your incredible target.

Bruce Hornstein

This weekend at Capitol City, Maine, history was made.

Gary Hamilton shot a 250-25X. Amazing, right? No, it's more than amazing.

It was shot with a Sporter. I don't know if we'll ever see it again but, Gary, this is in my opinion the greatest achievement in RFBR.

Congratulations on your incredible target.

Bruce Hornstein

Bruce,
I saw this on another site and posted.....may as well here too. Not only was the Sporter target over the top, Gary won every class in 3-gun and took 2 out of 3 Unlimited targets as well. The only target he didn't win, he took 2nd. A weekend I am sure he will never forget.

Even more amazing... 144

I just heard from Wayne. Gary Hamilton's 250-25X is official.

And get this...

If it was scored as a 10 SHOT the score would be

• No one piece rest locked in with Bungee cords...

• No 55X Nightforce scope...

• No 20 pound rifle...

Just a little ol' 7.5 pound gun with a 6.5 power scope on a two piece rest. Amazing.

Congrats again Gary.

Bruce Hornstein

I just heard from Wayne. Gary Hamilton's 250-25X is official.

And get this...

If it was scored as a 10 SHOT the score would be

• No one piece rest locked in with Bungee cords...

• No 55X Nightforce scope...

• No 20 pound rifle...

Just a little ol' 7.5 pound gun with a 6.5 power scope on a two piece rest. Amazing.

Congrats again Gary.

Bruce Hornstein

Bruce,
I am primarily an ARA shooter, but have been shooting 3-gun IR matches this summer as 'practice under fire', so to speak. Been having a ball doing it. I appreciate your comments as to what an accomplishment a score in Sporter that Gary shot is. BTW: I do not have any 20 pound rifles....lol! I do have a bungee though and don't fool around with 55X scopes, I go straight to the top......60X Vortex and March.

All Kidding aside, great to hear that Gary's target has been confirmed and just ices the cake on what a wonderful match day he had. Most likely, a once in a lifetime experience.

rimfire achievement

Thanks for the kind words, It was a great day for Capitol City and IR/5050.

Gary Hamilton

Gary's Rifle was a Larson Sporter (1) of (2) ever made
Ammo: Gary's secret
Scope: Custom Leupold
Barrel: Gary's secret
Rest: Seb

WELLL, Actually,

While the Larson Action may appear to be a clone of a Turbo it actually is quite unique, in so much as a blot action can be. There are a number of features that are an improvement over a Turbo. The Larson Rifles certainly are a hansom package in those lovely red cedar stocks. Like any rifle, it's what's in front of the bolt face that maters most.

Jo

Last edited:
Back