More sad news

JerrySharrett

Senile Member
Susie just called, Terry Leonard passed last night,

Probable arraignments Bristol, Tn Weaver Funeral Home, service Friday night 8 pm.

.may not be in the newspaper.

Last edited:
Keith Hansley called me earlier and let me know. Terry was a great shooter and friend and will be missed.
Steve

My goodness,
Ive been missing him all year. I hate to hear this.

Thank you Jerry for introducing me to Terry
I enjoyed his friendship

Last edited:
Keith Hansley called me to inform me of Terry's passing.
Terry was a great person, always very friendly , helpful,, and a great stockmaker. He will surely be missed.
Prayers for his family.

It is very sad!
I was told when he retired, he removed his suit and tie and burned them. He put on his work clothes never to see a suit again. Don't know it was true, but it is a good story.

Whenever I talked to Jeff Summers I would ask if he had talked to Terry and get an update on his condition. I also asked that he tell Terry I said hi, we loaded next to each other a number of times and had great talks. I will miss him as I'm sure many others will as well. RIP Terry.

Dans Honert

I met Terry several times back when Mickey Coleman was having Matches in Alabama at Rachel’s Glenn.

Extremely talented craftsman and a great competitor.

RIP Terry

The man was a great craftsman and built a pile of very nice stocks.

I was fortunate to take a tour of his shop a couple of years ago. Jerry and Jim took me out and we met Terry at his shop. The road started off paved then at the end was a cowpath. Had to drive around a tree.....He had a nice shop and it sure was well equipped. Spent a couple of days in the area with a couple of good guides.

When guys like Terry pass it is more than likely no one will step up to the plate to fill their shoes.

Later
Dave

To say that Benchrest is diminished would be a gross understatement. Terry was the best of the best. A good shot, a good stock maker, and an all around great individual.

Back