Mike Ratigan, 2nd US dealer for NEO rest.

Seb
How do you adjust the tension on the sides of the bag? In the picture i dont see how you could do so. thanks Lee

Hope this work....

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=onepiecebag.jpg

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=NEO005.jpg

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=NEO007-1.jpg

See the extra side tension screw on each side.
Each side gives about 1/8" tension adjustment.
See the adjustable lever screws also.

seb,

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Ratigan configuration (long leg at the rear) but can't open this attachment.

Also, I have a NEO rest before Ratigan, can the Ratigan changes be made to my existing NEO?[/QUOTE]

Are the parts available and is it easily done? Thank you.

I'd like to see the Ratigan configuration (long leg at the rear) but can't open this attachment.

Also, I have a NEO rest before Ratigan, can the Ratigan changes be made to my existing NEO?[/QUOTE]

Are the parts available and is it easily done? Thank you.

The smooth stopper (poly acetal/nylon, in white) is 'slip-on' & compatible with your current stop...you would only need to remove the rubber O-rings.
Easily done.

The counterweight is easily attached into the center shaft. (opposite side of the joystick in "up for up" mode).
See this pic... http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=counterweightwithvariousrings.jpg
Counterweight (for LV/HV weight) attached....http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=NEOcounterweights.jpg
I can provide various "rings" (for various weights) to suit the weight of your rifle(s).
Note: Your NEO (and the SEB gen2) can accept rifle up to 50 lbs or more with the use of proper/correct counterweight, and still smooth.

The leveling screws are the same thread (M12x1.75), but the spikes.... Mike's version will use "Remington shots" (or "Hilti points") instead of HSS points. My regular spikes are from grounded HSS (5mm diameter, of about HRC 55).
You can modify the spikes yourself if you have access to a lathe.
See this pic for your reference.... http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/sebco/?action=view&current=spikes.jpg
The thread/tap on the "Remington shots" is 1/4-20.
Or order from Mike. A set of three, with or without the counter nuts.

Summary: (these might change prior to Mike's request).

Regular NEO rest:
3 pc bag. (adjustable width up to approx. 4")
with built-in uplift, counterweight is optional. .
spikes HSS point.
foreend stop w/ O-rings.

Mike's version:
1 pc bag 3".
counterweight included (for LV-HV weight), no leaf springs/built-in uplift.
spikes "Remington shots".
smooth PL/nylon stopper.

All rests will be equipped with the adjustable lever screws (on each side plate assembly).
Other than that, other items (such as the ammo holder set & clock holder) are optional.

Except for those items mentioned above, there is NO differences between my regular NEO & Mike's version. Both have the same smoothness, same travel/MOA, same parts & same materials.

Hope this clear the confusions!

seb.

Last edited:
Update, August 21.

I made several changes to the NEO rest.
The new/upgraded rests have adjustable lever screws on the top/side plates assy, larger thumb nut on the joystick head, improved built-in uplift & clutch brake mechanism. These changes make the new rests even better than ever.
You can call the new rest as "NEO Mk.II" or "NEO gen 2".
The CTC between the bearings is also shortened a bit, for more finer adjustment on the target & a smoother action in the same time. Yes, the MOA/travel will be somewhat reduced by a bit.

I will attach some photos here...

View attachment 12974
In up for up mode, long leg set at shooter's side. Attached a (Mike's version) LV/HV counterweight.
Timer holder is optional.

View attachment 12975

View attachment 12978 View attachment 12979

View attachment 12976

View attachment 12977

I charge $ 60.00 for the improvements. Contact your dealer for new pricing.

If you have any questions about the new NEO feel free to ask / email me.

Thanks you for your attention,
seb.

Testing...

NEO01-1.jpg

NEO06.jpg

NEO08-1.jpg

NEO02.jpg

NEO10-1.jpg

Set with the long leg in the front, leveler & stopper interchanged.
NEO07-1.jpg

seb.

Attachments

• Lambang_0045.JPG
    Lambang_0045.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 430
  • Lambang_0070.JPG
    Lambang_0070.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 522
  • Lambang_0046.JPG
    Lambang_0046.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Lambang_0050.JPG
    Lambang_0050.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Lambang_0051.JPG
    Lambang_0051.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Lambang_0053.JPG
    Lambang_0053.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Thanks Lee.
We are trying our bests to speedy the work, but we will make sure that our rests are better than ever.

seb.

No worries Seb. One thing a fella needs to know about this sport, is that quality has a wait time!! I have a nice rest now, but i am looking forward to having one of yours. Lee

Question for Seb,

On your new gen 2 Neo rests do you have an idea what amount of moa adjustment there is? You said it was reduced a bit, just wondering how much. I used one of your neo rests and liked it enough to think about getting one but I shoot rimfire and airgun so the targets are closer than centerfire.

Second question: How often do the neo rests need maintenance such as taking it apart and greasing it again?

Thank you,
Brad Niese

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad,

Thanks you for your message.

#1. I still didn't calculate it or try it yet in the range, but probably just about 4-5 MOA reduced. Not much. I suspect it will still cover the rimfire target.

#2. Lightly lube the twin posts & add PTFE/synthetic grease on the teeth of the pinion (by raising the coaxial unit to the very top) only when needed. Clean the teflon sheet (#32) with solvent/degreaser only when needed, too. ---- Probably once a year?...it more depends on how often you use the rest.

Hope this answer your questions,
seb.

Last edited:
Back