Match at Bay County Conservation & Gun Club.

dickw22

I had the opportunity to shoot in the rimfire match at the club this Tuesday, May 3rd. Tom Monto and Jim Militello run 50 yd. rimfire score matches for sporter rifles and benchrest rifles. They follow the NRA definition of a Sporter Rifle and the only restriction on bench guns is they don't allow one piece rests.

The range has a much better than average facility with a big covered pavillion with well designed wood benches on a concrete slab. There's enough parking space close to the range. It is located in the boonies between Midland and Bay City, MI.

These matches are held every Tuesday night throughout the warm weather and (it's a league) there will be an awards banquet at the end of the season. They start a 5 PM and last till dark or till everybody is ready to repair to the Crump Pump, the only bistro in beautiful downtown Crump, MI which is nearby.

I highly recommend that you check out these matches. They are fun and they are well run by the only guy I know who's been in it longer than I have.

Dick Wright

PM me for details.

Mark,

I shot the CZ. It's illegal because it doesn't have an NRA three lb. trigger. I shot it anyway and didn't turn in my score.

I learned a lot and the tuner really helped me get it ready. I didn't have to touch it during the match.

This week the weather should be nicer and I'm going to get out the Calfee bench gun.

That's a real good range and facility. You guys did good.

Dick

That range was donated by Jim Stevens

of Stevens Van lines. Plus he gave us a John Deere to help keep the grounds clean. Somewhere around a $60,000 donation.

Mark:eek:

Hope to see you on Tuesday .You start shooting at 5:00 PM correct and every Tuesday all summer?

Mike

Mike,

Be aware that they don't allow one piece rests. You should be able to handle that.

This is a nice range and good people. You'll like it.

Glad you made it thru the winter.

Dick

I didn't answer...

your question. Five o'clock is starting time. Every Tuesday all summer.

Dick Wright

Would the range happen to be open for practice before the match? or just shoot two targets and go to the bar?

Chuck,

I sent you a PM. Tom Monto will answer your question.

Most of the zillions of matches I've been to, you shot the match at the match and do your practicing at home.

Going to the bar after is optional.

Dick

The bar is 3 miles from the Club

Nothing fansy, just bar food. I would imagine, if you want to shoot a Target and not have it count, that would be fine.

Tom has the final say.

Mark

Back