Marlin X7VH

Jim D

Just picked one up and was curious about the barrel!
Does anyone know it it's the same thread as the Savage ? Thankas !
Jim

Thanks for the links Bill, but no info regarding barrel threading.
Maybe a gunsmith that has had one apart may help.
Jim

Looking it over I found mine to be free of rust like others had stated in their findings. May have been supplier storage problem.

I'm curious about the donor possibilities. Especially for a 20 Vartag.

For now I'll wait on a scope and some range time.

Thanks
Jim

I have the .308 and the the barrel measures 1-1/8" diameter in front of the nut and uses the large Savage wrench, but the barrel has a shoulder and the threaded diameter is 1-1/16" and 20 TPI, which fits the Savage SA small ring receiver. The head space on the barrel was 0.134", which was 0.007" clearance on the Marlin bolt nose and 0.022" clearance on the Savage bolt nose and required using the Marlin barrel nut. Savage recommends 0.130" or less head space. The Marlin X7VH would benefit from a heavier after-market Varmint/Tactical prone stock. The EGW Winchester 70 SA 20 MOA rail fits the Marlin X7VH action, but I had to shim the rear end 0.010". - nhk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the .308 and the the barrel measures 1-1/8" diameter in front of the nut and uses the large Savage wrench, but the barrel has a shoulder and the threaded diameter is 1-1/16" and 20 TPI, which fits the Savage SA small ring receiver. The head space on the barrel was 0.134", which was 0.007" clearance on the Marlin bolt nose and 0.022" clearance on the Savage bolt nose and required using the Marlin barrel nut. Savage recommends 0.130" or less head space. The Marlin X7VH would benefit from a heavier after-market Varmint/Tactical prone stock. The EGW Winchester 70 SA 20 MOA rail fits the Marlin X7VH action, but I had to shim the rear end 0.010". - nhk

informative post

Good On Ya

al

Back