March Scopes keep on winning

Huck is pretty tight lipped about his winning secrets. Now the Cats out the bag.

Glenn

This has got to be the understatement of the year;)

Everybody that knows Charles has seen that sly grin.

And Kudos to March. You win, you get to brag about it. That's the way it is.........Jackie

March was present when setting a score grand agg record

March was on my Rimrock built by Borden when I set the present record of 500-40x at the VT States this fall. I had been using a Nightforce (not the new lighter ones) and giving up barrel to make weight, but with the March I don't. It works, what more can you say. Randy J.

I haven't looked through very many March scopes, but the ones I did look through didn't have very good optic clarity. I was a little shocked to be quite honest. Is this the norm with March scopes or the exception?
Another thing I could be honest about. I only have one br scope at the moment that I trust 100 percent. Sure would be nice to have a couple more. Maybe March is in my near future? Lee

I haven't looked through very many March scopes, but the ones I did look through didn't have very good optic clarity. I was a little shocked to be quite honest. Is this the norm with March scopes or the exception?
Another thing I could be honest about. I only have one br scope at the moment that I trust 100 percent. Sure would be nice to have a couple more. Maybe March is in my near future? Lee

I have one on a rimfire BR rifle and couldn't be happier with the clarity. I am really shocked that the one you looked through wasn't clear!
I am not far from you if you want to look some other time:)

I was recently working with a March scope with a customer and the startling thing about it was how well the adjustments worked..... what I mean is, I'm nearsighted and he's farsighted and when the scope was set for his eyes it was wicked fuzzy and or DARK for me and vicey varsey and I'm not talking about reticle crispness or clarity. I mean THE WHOLE SCOPE..... These things are very user specific IMO. I've found that unless two people have very similar ocular prescriptions they cannot share scopes. It's not like you can hand over to your buddy and all's he has to do is adjust the parallax. IME to make a March clear one must adjust every scope personally. I started with the ocular, dunno if that's proper. And then, if the parallax-free setting wasn't perfectly crisp I had to bounce back and forth until they both balanced. Again, I'm not saying I knew what I was doing but I will say that when the scope was RIGHT it was clear. And bright.

And I understand that this is true of all rifle scopes to an extent, but in the 60X March it seemed all the issues were magnified. Conversely the payoff was rich.

al

Adjustment is not the only issue

If your scope doesn’t work with your eyes,then by all means, find one that does. Which is exactly what most people do. Its not fair to blame the scope for something that may be operator fault.

Some people are happy with their 50X March scopes,some are not. We all see the World through different lens(eyes). Kinda like fingerprints. There are no two people with identical eye physics. I am not an eye expert. Just what I've read. Maybe a more qualified person will explain what I’m trying to say.

The same applies to Scope manufacturing. No two scopes have identical glass,regardless what power.
When you combine the two inconsistencies, Human eyesight,and Scope Glass,it should be no surprise that no two people will see exactly the same clarity when looking through any perfectly adjusted scope.

We are fortunate in that we have a list of choices in Scopes that fits everybody’s needs. I am happy with my March 40X scope because the POA hasn’t changed since I’ve owned the scope. I would be happy with any scope that I could say that about. This Sport demands nothing less.

Glenn

Last edited:
That does it!!! EH!! now I am mad!!! If I do not get a MARCH 50 X in the mail by December 31st "I WILL ATTEND 2014 SUPER SHOOT, it's no wonder I have been loooseing!! God how I love this wine!!
Bill

Jim, about May 10th send him 18 cases of Mogen David. By the 16th when he starts South to your place he'll be so souced he can't find the border crossing!!

18 cases Mogen David- $36. March 50x-$2,200.....see!! Kidneys Bro, kidneys!!!

(We'll auction his camping spot to some new, unsuspecting shooter!)

The huge selling point of the March scope is it's ability to hold the same point of aim, hense same point of impact, from shot to shot.

But everybody has always known that the 50x March has always had an optics problem. Call it resolution, crispness, what ever, they just simply look a tad blurry when compared to a 45x Leupold. The March 40x and 60 x are bright and crisp.

I have three 50x Marches, two on my two 6PPC RIfles, and one on my 30 BR HV. I have a Leupold 45x on my Rail Gun.

Set the March50x on the bench along side the Leupold 45, and the difference is easy to see. But the optics are totally adequate for short range Benchrest, especially when you know the scope is rock solid in that single most important department, holding Point of Aim shot after shot.........jackie

50X March Optics Problem

But everybody has always known that the 50x March has always had an optics problem..........jackie

If EVERYBODY(thats a lot of people) knows about this so called lens problem in the 50X March Scope,it should be taken up with the manufacturer. They(Manufacturer) should be given an opportunity to fix the 50X lens(Recall).

Just saying.

If they got it right in the 40X and the 60X lens,I’m confident that they can figure out whats causing customer complaints with the 50X March. No sense in keep manufacturing a product that everybody knows has a lens problem. I suspect a lot of these complaints are coming from people who have never looked through a 50X March Scope.

I don’t see the blur problem that Jackie refers to when I look through the 50X March. What I do see is a lot more mirage than I want to see. Maybe its just my eyes.:(

Glenn

Last edited:
But everybody has always known that the 50x March has always had an optics problem. Call it resolution, crispness, what ever, they just simply look a tad blurry when compared to a 45x Leupold. The March 40x and 60 x are bright and crisp.

jackie

I guess it's a good thing that Larry Costa uses them exclusively or the rest of us could be in trouble. I'd hate to shoot against him if he used a 40 or 60 power.............

Later
Dave

Back