Making PPC Brass

Andy Cross

Just a query about making 6PPC brass. At the moment in Oz 220 Russian brass is difficult to obtain due to the importer getting out of Lapua and Vhit products and the new dealer yet to take over and get stock. Is or can 6PPC brass be formed from any other types of cases. It might be a short term alternative even if I just make fifty or so.
Andy.

7.62x39....(ak/sks ammo...boxer primed) not a perfect fit but it was done in the states when there was supply issues.

Don't know

I haven't seen Norma PPC brass here for a long time. If my memory serves correct didn't that stuff come out with a large primer ?

7.62 x 39 brass Yeah perhaps I can find some millitary surples stuff at a store.

Regards,
Andy.

I'd wait. By the time you make something else work, they'll probably have the good stuff available again and you'll have to start all over.

Is there anyone else in "OZ" that might sell you a few pieces to get you by?

remington makes 7.62x39 ammo in three differnt factories/subcontractors/lines.
two of the three have large primers.
one has small primers.

try Stuart at BRT he prob has them formed and can neck turn them.I think?

I did

Stuart and Ann at BRT were the only ones to sell them apart from Custers. Custers got out of it all. If Stuart hasn't got any then no one has. He informed me he can't get any more at the moment. I have a new switch gun coming in Sept.
Andy.

Andy,

If BRT don't have any try Toblers or Procal or Bruno's...unless something has changed we have brought it in before....if you get stuck I have 50 spare cases.

Steve

Andy

Vic Arms / Parabellim imports are the official Norma agent in Australia. A year or so back I wanted to try the new Norma 6PPC brass because I had been hearing good things about it out of the USA. I called Vic Arms and they told me they had plenty in stock, and since they were asking $200 per box of 100, I quickly understood why they still had plenty in stock. Never tried it, but if new Lapua stock doesnt get to Noya within a few months of their first order, $2.00 per case may not seem so excessive.

Thanks Steve

Andy,

If BRT don't have any try Toblers or Procal or Bruno's...unless something has changed we have brought it in before....if you get stuck I have 50 spare cases.

Steve

I did forget about Toblers. Haven't need to get much off them over the years. Thanks to everyone else also.I will continue looking.
Andy.

Andy Canada being part of the Commonwealth what are the Auzzie rules in regards to importation?

I am wondering if you could order from Canada and have it shipped???

I am not sure what our laws are in regards to exporting to you? I would think as long as there are NO GOOFY requirements you should be able to get it from Canada. I guess the question would also be what would shipping be?????

Calvin

cartridge brass in cartridge form is export controlled in the usa.....so ya need an exporter....

mike in co

I have imported from USA before

Andy Canada being part of the Commonwealth what are the Auzzie rules in regards to importation?

I am wondering if you could order from Canada and have it shipped???

I am not sure what our laws are in regards to exporting to you? I would think as long as there are NO GOOFY requirements you should be able to get it from Canada. I guess the question would also be what would shipping be?????

Calvin

I did order some nickel plated brass for a 222 from bluestar in the USA once. It was siezed by customs in Oz until I presented the permit to aquire. Took longer to do the paperwork than it did to ship it.
Andy.

Back