Lt32 ???

Lots of powders will "work", but lt30 is the powder of choice,
along with h4198.

Will LT32 work in a 30br or is it too slow.

I have tried both LT-32 and LT-30 in my 30BR. While it shot quite well, it showed me nothing over 4198, so I just stick with the 4198.

One thing I like about 4198 is it is extremely clean. I can shoot an entire Grand Agg, and when I clean the barrel, it is no different than cleaning it after one target.

I shoot my 30BR at about 3025 FPS on average with Bart's 112's out of a Krieger .300 4-groove.

Last edited:
Lt30

Back here on the East Coast, LT30 is used very little by less than a handful of guys that I shoot with in IBS short range score using a 30BR. You can't beat H4198 and or N130. People realize that. LT30 was suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see this happening anytime soon. Just fact.

Your "fact" is an opinion.
lt30 works well, more velocity, no pressure issue.
Just because you and yours don't, does not mean the rest of the world doesn't.

Back here on the East Coast, LT30 is used very little by less than a handful of guys that I shoot with in IBS short range score using a 30BR. You can't beat H4198 and or N130. People realize that. LT30 was suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see this happening anytime soon. Just fact.

Your "fact" is an opinion.
lt30 works well, more velocity, no pressure issue.
Just because you and yours don't, does not mean the rest of the world doesn't.

I said here on the East coast out of roughly 300 shooters only 4 people that I know of use it and that's a fact. Once again it's just another trumped up component that was suppose to set the world on fire and it hasn't. Just look at the IBS score equipment list. You can figure it out for yourself.

Last edited:
JimPag , CMaier. I don't participate or ask questions on this forum very often because every time someone will jack the thread for their own personal pissing contest. Thanks guys.

JimPag , CMaier. I don't participate or ask questions on this forum very often because every time someone will jack the thread for their own personal pissing contest. Thanks guys.

Hey I just stated a fact. I shoot a 30BR in matches almost every weekend. I know what people use in my circle of shooters and like I said less than a handful use LT30. Like I said before it was trumped up to be the new powder of choice for the 30BR and it's far from it. It will never be as popular as H4198 or even N130, both in my opinion as the 2 best powders for a 30BR. It just gave us another powder that we could use in a 30BR but it hasn't been all that impressive, and that's the truth. Some people can't handle the truth. No big deal. I didn't mean to jack your thread, and I didn't want to get into a pissing contest with anybody either.

Last edited:
Just for giggles let me add some food for thought on the LT 30 issue. I'm comfortable that what Jim says about there being only 4 shooters using LT 30. However, there is a little more to this than meets the eye initially. There are less than 200 competitors who earned one point or more in IBS Varmint For Score matches last year. Most of those earned only 1-3 points, meaning that they either didn't shoot in many matches or didn't do very well in the ones that they did shoot. Of the ones who are left, most are very comfortable, I'm sure, with 4198 and see no reason to look further. Most of us play follow the leader. That's neither good or bad, it is what it is. A few shooters will experiment and aren't uncomfortable trying something new. My guess is, there are probably less than 25% of score shooters (30BR) who have even tried LT 30. So the fact (assumed) that there are 4 using LT 30 seems to me a positive rather than a negative. It would appear that they have tried it and got good results.

I know for a fact that LT 32 performs very well in a 6 PPC, 6 Beggs and 220 Beggs. I am beginning to experiment with LT 30 in a 220 Beggs and initial results say I should stay with it. My suggestion would be to give it a try and see what it does in your rifle. You have nothing to lose.

Rick

greyfox tipped the iceberg.
too many shooters are follow the leader shooters...no imagination, no experimenting.
it appears jim's shooting buddies fall into this category.

lt gives more velocity with no pressure issues, it works.
too few in the nor'east with open minds.
so it is still an opinion..like it or not.

Other than the action, scope, stock and brass headstamp, one never really knows what other shooters are actually using in matches? And that's the way it should be. The smart one's learn to figure things out for themselves.

Last edited:
greyfox tipped the iceberg.
too many shooters are follow the leader shooters...no imagination, no experimenting.
it appears jim's shooting buddies fall into this category.

lt gives more velocity with no pressure issues, it works.
too few in the nor'east with open minds.
so it is still an opinion..like it or not.
Didn't say that any of the guy's that I shoot with didn't try it. There were about a dozen guy's that I know that have tried it and weren't impressed with it so they just went on using what they were using all along, either N130 or H4198. Most of the equipment list is spot on. There are a few guy's who put down stuff that they weren't using on a regular basis and most of us know who they are. What it boils down to H4198 or N130 is working for you, there is no need to waste time or money trying to reinvent the wheel. LT30 does not offer a clear advantage over the other 2 powders because if it did more people would be using it. That's fact, and not an opinion.

Last edited:
if you just tried doing what the old powder did, you missed the advantage of lt.
another 100 fps plus over h4198.
ASK LOU WHAT HE THINKS.

Back