LT-32 FF Load

I've been fireforming Lapua 220 Russian into 6 PPC brass using 26.0 gr H-322. Good results. Can anyone offer an equivalent LT-32 load? Thanks!

I've been fireforming Lapua 220 Russian into 6 PPC brass using 26.0 gr H-322. Good results. Can anyone offer an equivalent LT-32 load? Thanks!

26.0 grs of LT 32 is the go to load for a 52-53gr bullet in a 220 Beggs and works well with a 68gr bullet in a 6 Beggs. That is essentially what you have when FF, a 6 Beggs. 26.0 of LT 32 with most any bullet from 65-68 ought to give good accuracy even when fire forming.

Rick

Guys, use caution when getting up to max loads then changing lot numbers when using the LT powder. Every lot I've tested is different. Really different from the original LT sent to me from ADI. That batch was sent using its 4 digit number because LT had not yet been approved for US shipment by US DOT.

To echo Rick's recommendation, I use 26.2 of LT-32 in my PPC fire-form brass (67 grain bullet). I don't know about the first batch of LT, but the lots I've shot past #4 have been pretty close. Mild differences over the chronograph.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

26.0 grs of LT 32 is the go to load for a 52-53gr bullet in a 220 Beggs and works well with a 68gr bullet in a 6 Beggs. That is essentially what you have when FF, a 6 Beggs. 26.0 of LT 32 with most any bullet from 65-68 ought to give good accuracy even when fire forming.

Rick
So, for a 262 neck do you size the neck up to 6 mm and then use 6mm bullets or do you use .22 cal bullets?

So, for a 262 neck do you size the neck up to 6 mm and then use 6mm bullets or do you use .22 cal bullets?

If you have a dedicated fire form barrel using a 224 bullet would be good. If you are forming in the barrel you will use for competition a .243 bullet would be better. In many cases you will get similar accuracy while forming as you will with the final case. 26.0 of LT 32 will work with a .243 , 68gr bullet. If you want to get really serious, my load for a 6 Beggs (220 Russian case just like the 220 Beggs) is 27.5 LT 32. You might work up to that as it is very hot, but also very accurate.

YMMV,
Rick

Thanks Rick. Right now I do not have a ff barrel so .243 it will be.

To clarify...If you use a 6mm bullet, you're gonna have to turn the necks before fire forming in your .262 necked chamber. If you use a 22 bullet you can do it after firing the 22 bullet down a 6mm barrel.

Thanks Mike. What is the prescribed width to turn down to now? I have read from 86 to 81.

Depends on the actual bullet diameter and how much clearance you want. I prefer no less than .002. Some prefer more or less clearance.

Back