Looking for the proper optics

D

dbltap

Hello, my first post. I have a Weatherby/Anschutz MKXX. Looking for a good scope and price is not that much of a concern. I Prefer Redfield and Weaver but what do all of you use?

Thanks.

Choosing scope

I know a lot of people have different opinions on all subjects, heres one of mine. I own a fair amount of rimfire rifles and over the years have tried just about all brands. I have come to the conclusion that you need to spend the money right off the get-go. My choices would be,Leupold 3-9X33 A-O rimfire, Weaver V-16,or A Burris 4-12 X 32 A-O. compact. All good scopes that I own and have had great luck with. Choose wisely.

If you look at the competitive equipment lists you will see a vast array of scopes.

The Leupold 36 benchrest is one of the most popular, no longer in production.
The Leupold competition series is often seen, most of them are 45 power
The Nightforce 12-42 benchrest is a very good scope, but it is heavy so seldom seen on 10.5 pound guns.
The March is sometimes used, but the price of entry stops lots of us.
The Weaver T-36 is probably the most often seen of the weavers and price is not bad. It is a very good scope.

If that rifle is going to be used in sporter class about the only available new is the Leupold 6X. Lots of other good scopes out there for sporter but they all have to be purchased used. If you can make weight with it the Nightforce 1-10 is probably as good as it gets. bob

dbltap, your anschutz weighs 6.5lbs so weight is not an issue. most factory or squirell allow 8.5lbs. the reticle wether target or hunting is usually the determining factor. and no one has more scope options than leupold and followed by weaver.

Anyone tried the Sightron II scopes?

I have one a 36x BRD. Works ok, I don't have alot of experience with that high a magnification to tell if it is as good as anything else. I do know that I don't get mad and want to throw it somewhere far, far away. Eye relief can be critical.

Hello, my first post. I have a Weatherby/Anschutz MKXX. Looking for a good scope and price is not that much of a concern. I Prefer Redfield and Weaver but what do all of you use?

Thanks.

I have this same rifle and I put a Leupold 6.5X20 fine cross hairs with 1/8" dot in EFR(Extend Focus Relief).
I am very pleased with this set up. Its great for target practice-benchrest shooting. For Hunting you might want different cross hair (Havier-easier to see).
CLP

champion shooters supply is currently running $100 and $90 off on two leupold 6.5x-20x efr target scopes. type champion shooters coupons in for the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also OpticsPlanet.com has a coupon that's worth 10% off your entire purchase for this month. Code: THANKS

I own Nightforce scopes and love'em. I also have a few friends using the Weaver T-36 and that is a nice scope as well.

I have a Weaver T-36 , works fine. I also have the Sightron brd x36. I think its a little brighter than my old Weaver.
Optics Planet has the Sigtron for $345 + 10% off code +$50 mail in rebate =$260 --sweet deal--
Adam

Back