DanB

These exact pellets.
Dan
CIMG0143.jpg

CIMG0144.jpg

coincidence or what?

Dan

I would like to help but always on the look out for these myself:

I only have a few tins left, batch number is the same, JSB Exact Express, but mine is a blue tin.

The batch is about 3 years old I believe.

Shows they are somewhat special if they are so sought after on both sides of the Atlantic.

Tony

Attachments

• DSCN0923.jpg
    DSCN0923.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN0926.jpg
    DSCN0926.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 238
If you look into the skirt you will see that the punch used to swage the pellet was cone shaped, most now are truncated cone.
Dan

is there are a particular rifle or barrel they are good in? and are these for LV?

They work well in my ev2 at 12fpe.
Dan

Yes, very much a sub 12 ft/lb pellet, and dont work well outside for us over here. Indoors is where they demonstrate their accuracy.

Interesting though, because we are working with a different ammo that gives good results outdoors but they dont shoot at all well indoors.

How does that work?

Tony

Interesting though, because we are working with a different ammo that gives good results outdoors but they dont shoot at all well indoors.

How does that work?

Tony

May have something to do with the way air rifle pellets and rimfire bullets differ in the way the weight is distributed throughout the projectile (I reckon).

In rimfire the bullet weight is pretty evenly distributed throughout the length of the projectile, so if it shoots well indoors, there’s a good chance it will shoot outdoors just as well.

With the air pellets being nose heavy, those that shoot well indoors (generally the lighter pellets such as the JSB Express (at sub 12 ft/lb)) don’t often shoot well outdoors, and the worse the wind gets the more inaccurate they seem to become.

I’m sure Dan has more insight into this than I do.

Brian

My CZ barrel loves jsb monsters at 12fpe indoors, but not outside. My best guess is that the act of pointing into the wind, yawing, causes the pellets to lose stability.
Dan

Back