Look whati just got!

From 1979...pretty cool! With the jackets we have now, there's no doubt you'll make killer bullets with them. -Al

Congratulations! I have a set I got about 10 years ago, that originally came from Harold Broughton if I remember correctly? I use them quite a bit, makes a really good bullet on .790” jackets. Old dies, but still great!

Peter Ericson

0BFF95C0-4DF3-4FB8-B11A-528D93762739.jpeg0F824009-1AC3-46A5-B819-17DEC032DF02.jpeg

Nice find Jackie. What ogive? It may be written on the bag, but I can't make that out.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Lee, I have a couple of sample bullets that came with the dies, they appear to be in the 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 range. Lots of bearing surface.

The paper work just indicates what the diameter of the shank should be on the finished bullet.

Last edited:
dies

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Nice score. Your dies look a lot like mine that came from Leon Gass. I do also have a core squirt die just in case I might want the headache of making my own cores.

IMG_8407.jpgIMG_8409.jpg

It’s been 15 years. I plan on competing this year, and I am shocked at the decline in GC group shoots this year.

Good to hear from you, Bill.

My primary game is Varmint for Score, but I am wanting to get back more in to Group Shooting. I only shot two Matches last year, but did manage to win the Texas State LV.

Getting these dies might seem like a throw back in the bullet making game, but I think a lot of shooters have forgot just how good the Fowler bullet, and others of a similar design shot.

I will be back at the Bluebonnet this year. I hope to see you there.

Back