Life Is Tough,But If You Insist On Being Stupid, It Is REALLY tough

If I remember history, correctly.
Didn't the Texicans, steal Texas, from the Mexicans.
And Jerry confirms they were from Tennesee.
And Kentucky. Proally a lot of Scot-Irish, too. :)

I guess i might as well take my life in my hands. Texas is sometimes known as Baja Oklahoma. Especially after OU gets beat by Texas.;) Just funning guys don't take it serious........Donald

Finger

Jackie
I pray yo get back on the rance & "puter" soon and well !
:(

If I remember history, correctly.
Didn't the Texicans, steal Texas, from the Mexicans.
And Jerry confirms they were from Tennesee.
And Kentucky. Proally a lot of Scot-Irish, too. :)
In the late 1700's into the middle 1800's history shows that a large number of the US to Texas immigrants were Germans, who were run out of Europe because of religious persecution, not Scots-Irish.

Doug and Chocho, I hope you guys take this as good natured humor. There is certainly no intention of anything else. Many of my kin went to Texas during the settlement period of the early 1800's.

"Texas did NOT steal anything"

Just a small History reminder...... (Texicans Ha )

The Battle of the Alamo: The Alamo was the scene of a pivotal battle in the fight for the independence of Texas from Mexico. In the early 1800s, Texas belonged to Mexico. During the Texas war for independence from Mexico, Spanish troops occupied the abandoned building, now used as a fortress, calling it Alamo. The word álamo is Spanish for cottonwood (a type of tree that grows in the area).

In 1836, Col. William B. Travis, James Bowie, Davy Crockett, and almost 200 other Texan volunteers occupied the Alamo. After unsuccessfully defending the Alamo for 13 days against an army of thousands of Mexican soldiers led by General Antonio López de Santa Anna, the Texans died on March 6, 1836.

The Independence of Texas: The phrase, "Remember the Alamo!" soon became the battlecry that was used by Sam Houston when he defeated Gen. Santa Anna a few weeks later at San Jacinto (on April 21, 1836), winning independence for Texas. Texas then became an independent republic (led by Sam Houston), and on December 29, 1845, Texas became a US state.:p

Did anyone NOTICE the word TEXANS not Texican and NOT TEXASS ??

Last edited:
Is there any reason why you put the extra "s" on the end of your TEXAS statement?:mad:

did ya hear that texas was gonna rename the state..Baja Oklahoma ?

oklahoma took it to congress, and got it stopped.

the gov of ok said"you tell them social climbers to stay in thier place"

i'm sure it was just a typo....lol

you can pick on me, i'm from so california....i was smart enough to leave.

mike in co

Somewhere in Texas a lady from Tennesee collared one of the church ladies and said my husband and I moved down here 40 years ago. All our younuns were born here, went to school and church here. I have a whole passel of grandchildren here. But for some reason I still feel like an outsider. Just how long would we have to live here to be accepted as Texans. The lady Texan explained it like this. If my cat had a litter of kittens in my oven, would I call them biscuits. Kenny

Our Red White and Blue

Texas.jpg

Not to be a wet blanket but this thread is not about Benchrest and I feel the need to put out this reminder as many have been put off because they were told not to post if it is not Benchrest. Randy J.

actually if you go back to the beginning you will see that it is about jackie's trigger finger....and if you do not know it is a BENCHREST trigger finger......

mike in co

Not to be a wet blanket but this thread is not about Benchrest and I feel the need to put out this reminder as many have been put off because they were told not to post if it is not Benchrest. Randy J.

AND WHO FRIGGIN' CARES!!?????

This is about Bench Rest PEOPLE, without them there wouldn't BE any "Benchrest".......

You get that finger well Jackie, even TEXANS need to let it heal before it'll find a two-ounce trigger ;) and you're gonna' need a plate on top so's you can slap the bolt!

we love ya' man!

al

Mike in Co.--I agree that the beginning was. I was just being a smart a__ seeing which chains I could rattle. :) Randy J

"My Bad Again"

I did go a little a-stray about Texas and it was not intended to not be about benchrest. BUT there is nothing like a little history to go along with shooting. I thought it would be nice to know a little bit about our great state.....
So I stand corrected and if I posted this in error then MR. Wet blanket this is for you>:p

Jackie get that finger better and Alinwa has a good point... Put a plate on it

No more from me on Texas I know whereI stand

I keep one of those asstrays on my desk with a little sign...."to make it easier when I hand it to you."

:D

al

Is Anybody Really FromTexas

My Wife is a "Native Texan" but her familly were land squaters during the depression. From Indiana.

I am actually 2d generation German American. My Grandmother was pregnant with my Father in the bottom of a ship in 1919, They were WW-1 refugees, they landed in Galveston. He was born a few months after. So, that makes me 2d generation "squareheadus americanus".

You can tell by my thick Western European accent.:D

.........jackie

Back