Lens choices for cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery on my right eye and then the virus hit and I have to wait to get the left eye done. I will still need glasses because of my astigmatism. I will get progressive lenses which will cover distance and reading.

Two years ago, my wife and I both had cataract surgery, and both opted for the multi-focal lenses. After wearing glasses for several years, we are both well pleased with the results. This is an expensive choice, but it’s really nice to see everything without glasses. I will admit I do put on a pair of readers to read a mic when making bullets, or turning brass, but other than that, I’m “lens” free.

Two years ago, my wife and I both had cataract surgery, and both opted for the multi-focal lenses. After wearing glasses for several years, we are both well pleased with the results. This is an expensive choice, but it’s really nice to see everything without glasses. I will admit I do put on a pair of readers to read a mic when making bullets, or turning brass, but other than that, I’m “lens” free.

Mark, what brand are your lenses?

What about price.

For the best, they are quoting me $12,000.

My wife said, (jokingly), that if I killed over soon after, could they remove them and sell them on EBay;)

My beer retort was, “hey you ain’t that far behind”:p

Monovision is one eye sees at distance and one eye sees near vision for reading etc. I wore monovision contacts for years. Your mind seemlessly selects the proper eye. I did not wear contacts when shooting but wore glasses. When/If I were to get cateract surgery I would get monovision again. Tom and Carolyn Libby both had laser mono vision and loved it. No glasses except safety glasses when they were shooting. Good luck ------Bill

I use monovision for contact lenses also.
One thing you cannot do is have good 3-D vision with colored lenses glasses.
The old red-green (or any other system).
I just put on my distance corrected glasses (also used to pass vision tests for driving)
and put the colored stereo ones over those.

The first time I noticed it was a little puzzling.
But then I thought about it.
Right eye far, left eye close.
Mono-vision.

The lenses I have are Tecnis Multifocal 10L by Abbott Medical Optics. Insurance will pay for the cataract surgery, but not multifocal lens. These were $3000.00 per eye, about 2 years ago.

Back