Left the Range

J

Jim Pickerill

I am saddened to have to report the long time shooter and stocker
Warner (Briar) Hail passed away today. He was a close and dear friend who will be missed.

JimP

We have all lost a great stocker and supporter of Benchrest, and many of us have lost a great friend. Briar will be sorely missed.

P9191766.JPG

My condolences also to Brett and all the Hail famiy. I shot beside Warner several times and really enjoyed shooting with him. He would help you if you were struggling and listen if he was struggling and a fierce competitor on the line.

Briar painted 2 of my rifles and his work was fantastic, he will be missed by everyone who had the pleasure to shoot with him.

Gary

We will miss you

Warner (Briar) Hail was a dear friend and he will be deeply missed but never forgotten. Our hearts go out to his entirely family, both on and off the range.

I remember, One early Sunday morning at Shelby County Deerhunters Assoc., it was early and we had just arrived from our Hotel in nearby Sydney. We Usually get to the range at least 2 hours before shooting to get our table and trailer organized and get our Flag tails hung out, get our rifles ready, just take it all in. It was in early October, Dark in the morning, and cold. Shelby is out in the sticks not far from a small village. It's a rolling hills semi aggricultural area, and way off in the Distance I could hear.... "Hells Bells", kinda muffled but recognizable, then I could here the roar of the R/T Dodge Dakota. Briar pulled up minutes later, Windows still up, Radio still Booming, stepped out lit another Cig and said "Morning!".

Yup it is. Briar was a likeble guy, good shooter, great painter. He will be missed.

Paul

Briar, we will miss you!

Sincere condolences to the Hail family, as well as the bench rest family. We lost an amazing stocker, but more importantly, we lost a great man, and friend. Briar was a unique and wonderful man and if you met him, you had to like him. His many stories were the best. We will all miss him, and are truly diminished. May he rest well in eternal peace.

Mike Brenner

Bret & Family

I was real sorry to hear about Briar's passing. There will be an empty spot at the matches from now on for many of us who were his friends. He was sure a wonderfull person.

Sincerely,
Larry

Back