Lee Collet Die Adjustment

Use a two stage sizing process with a body die set for a MEASURED bump, plus the Collet die, and your hard bolt closing should no longer be a problem.

out side case measurement

When I ful length resize with my RCBS die I get 0.242 and when I neck size with my Lee collet neck die I get 0.244 on Lake City 5.56 cases. Which is the right size ? I am reloading these cases for my Tikka T3x Varmint in 223 cal.

What is the diameter of the loaded neck. over the largest diameter of the bullet? In other words I want to know how much neck tension each method is producing. Bottom line, your targets should tell you, although there are other variables. Lee will sell you mandrels in smaller diameters. When I was helping a friend with his, I had him order two, one each .001 and .002 smaller than standard, so that he could play with different amounts of neck tension.

1st post on a 9 year old thread.
should have just started a NEW thread
answer:
we cannot tell from your question.
is the brass necked turned ?

if not it will be hard to answer

what is the neck dia of a loaded round with THIS brass ?
you need 1-2 thou under bullet dia on the inside, 1-2 under
the loaded round od.

When I ful length resize with my RCBS die I get 0.242 and when I neck size with my Lee collet neck die I get 0.244 on Lake City 5.56 cases. Which is the right size ? I am reloading these cases for my Tikka T3x Varmint in 223 cal.

retired...good post with the exception of the first part. I'm pretty sure it's not your call on whether a post is made in the right place or the right time. Pretty sure it's not my call either!

Wilbur

retired...good post with the exception of the first part. I'm pretty sure it's not your call on whether a post is made in the right place or the right time. Pretty sure it's not my call either!

I already have one traffic ticket from him on another thread in another forum. he may be a retired police officer?

no, but maybe you can explain the "value added" by your post above ??
all you had to do was read in the other thread.
I already have one traffic ticket from him on another thread in another forum. he may be a retired police officer?

Last edited:
Back