Lederer Barrels

That is no problem for him, and since I'm in the loop, turnaround times are fast for those needing something fairly quick.

Michael

Michael, I've emailed you a couple of times to see if you have any barrels in stock 6mm-13.5 or 14 twist LV taper and have not received a response. I figure my emails are in LaLa land somewhere and you aren't receiving them. Drop me an email if you have one in stock with cost including shipping and I'll mail you a check. Makes me no difference on the twist. bryantcustom(at)gmail.com

I'm back now

Mike,

I've been in Indianapolis at the PRI show for the last week. I have everything in stock that you are looking for.

Michael

6mm Grinch

Since I was gone for a week, I am having to ship a lot of barrels. I will be adding another barrel twist to what I keep in stock. I have had two shooters needing 6mm X 12" twist barrels for building the 6mm Grinch. I will always try to keep 1 or 2 of these in stock.

Best email to reach me is: michael@crankbalancer.com

Michael

Last edited:
Michael, thanks for the quick turnaround on the barrel. I appreciate it.

Mike

You're welcome Mike. Next time I see you in Lubbock, I'll try to bring a lot more barrels with me. The six barrels I brought were gone before the match ever started. John Horn won the fast draw for the last barrel.

Michael

Mike, I got back to my Shop tonight and unpackaged the 30 cal 1-18.

If it shoots like it looks, it will be great. Beautiful blank.

We are super busy right now, I probably won't be able to get it on the Rifle by this week end. But soon.

No to go off topic.. but I assume they're shooting just as good as your previous Brux's?

Let you know when I get the gun done and the Brux is on ..... will start break in. Too cold to shoot or maybe you get a little smarter at 74...... Jim

I finally got a chance to chamber up my 1-18 Lederer Barrel for my 30BR.

The barrel looked great in the Lathe, very even between the lands and grooves. The grooves were dead on round as the tenth indicator swept them. Looking through the ID as the barrel spun in the Lathe, it appeared to be quite straight. As it happens I used the exact same bushing on my reamer as I did on the last Krieger I chambered. It cut like 416R is supposed to cut.

There is a very slight choke toward the muzzle. With my deltronic pins, it's about .0003.

We had a great day to test at Tomball. 60 degrees with a overcast sky. Just enough condition to keep one honest.

I started out with my usual load, 34.8 grns of 4198, BIB 112 with about .015 jump. It was locked into about .280 worth of verticle. No tuner setting would correct it.

I then tried reducing the load, and it stated to tighten up. 30.4 was the magic number, with about .o10 more jump. That's about .020 from no marks.

These are the last two groups I shot before hanging a Score target. Not "zeros", but pretty solid. Then hung a Score target, and nailed it.

This barrel is as good as any 30 caliber barrel I have ever shot, and I have had some pretty darned good ones.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20545&stc=1&d=1515374975

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20546&stc=1&d=1515375094

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,024
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,127
Last edited:
I finally got a chance to chamber up my 1-18 Lederer Barrel for my 30BR.

The barrel looked great in the Lathe, very even between the lands and grooves. The grooves were dead on round as the tenth indicator swept them. Looking through the ID as the barrel spun in the Lathe, it appeared to be quite straight. As it happens I used the exact same bushing on my reamer as I did on the last Krieger I chambered. It cut like 416R is supposed to cut.

There is a very slight choke toward the muzzle. With my deltronic pins, it's about .0003.

We had a great day to test at Tomball. 60 degrees with a overcast sky. Just enough condition to keep one honest.

I started out with my usual load, 34.8 grns of 4198, BIB 112 with about .015 jump. It was locked into about .280 worth of verticle. No tuner setting would correct it.

I then tried reducing the load, and it stated to tighten up. 30.4 was the magic number, with about .o10 more jump. That's about .020 from no marks.

These are the last two groups I shot before hanging a Score target. Not "zeros", but pretty solid. Then hung a Score target, and nailed it.

This barrel is as good as any 30 caliber barrel I have ever shot, and I have had some pretty darned good ones.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20545&stc=1&d=1515374975

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20546&stc=1&d=1515375094

Jackie, looks good, but - I'm curious - all the way back down to 30.4 gr, as the target is marked and stated here? RG

Was mine

Jackie,

In a quest to fill as many barrel orders as possible, I sold you the barrel that was meant to be mine. Was that a mistake for me to let it go? If so, for me, maybe not in your mind. I hope you have a great run with that barrel.

Michael

I just wanted to mention that I will be stocking Lederer barrels for anyone who is interested. I did not plan this, it just happened since I have been ordering them in large quantities. I will not be using the forum as a sales tool, but instead I will use the classified section. This is simply an announcement.

Michael

I have looked at the classifieds a number of times since the op and have yet to see an ad for barrels, am I missing something or what?

Classified Ad

Classifieds just last a month. This is an old thread, so probably hasn't kept the classified ad up to date.

The reason there is no classified ad is simple. I wanted to have inventory before placing the ad. I am currently selling barrels faster than James can supply them, so right now my goal is not to increase sales. Everyone is still welcome to place orders through michael@crankbalancer.com or a PM, but at this point, everything is a backorder, and delivery times are uncertain. As expected, the standard 6mm-13.5 LV will be given some priority over all other barrels. I will use the classified ad section if I ever feel the need to increase sales. If I was to do anything right now to increase sales, James would probably shoot me.

Michael

Last edited:
Back