Laser Iridotomy

I would say "good luck" to you and Joe but that's not exactly what I'm looking for..."best wishes" either! As long as Y'all know I'm pulling for you, with all the pull I have, I wrote it right.

At 5:00PM on 7-29-2015, I had Laser Iridotomy surgery performed on one eye.

According to the Doctor,the procedure went fine. According to me, I felt the laser when it hit the back of my eyeball. Just a slight sting. The numbing eye drops they use prior to the laser shot had a more noticeable lasting effect. Other than that,the procedure was a layup,as previously described.

Some friends I,ve talked to, have this procedure confused with Lasik eye surgery. Its my understanding that Lasik eye surgery is performed to correct vision errors. Its more cosmetic,in that it eliminates the need for eye glasses.

Laser Iridotomy surgery lessens the chance of getting angle closure Glaucoma, for those at risk. Kinda like a Flu shot. I,m scheduled for follow up exams to monitor surgery effects(eye pressure,Inflammation,etc),during the next two weeks.

Thanks for all the “Good Lucks.” I see this discussion as being directly related to Benchrest Competition. You can’t shoot very well,if you cant see very well.

Glenn

Last edited:
Glen,
Had my first one this morning, about 6-8 shots, took about 4-5 minutes and the 2nd one is next Monday. my doc said it went textbook.

What my ophthalmologist told me

What my ophthalmologist told me being a type one diabetic was. You are susceptible to all sorts of eye problems in addition to those which are age onset. The rule given to me was get checked regularly to get diagnosed early. Then we treat aggressively. So far this has worked after being type one for 37 years. I can still see well enough to shoot without problems.
Andy.

Both eyes

I have had it done to both eyes for another reason. They got the holes below my eye lids but light will refract into one of the holes causing a permanent white line in my vision. Kind of a downer.

Mark

Glen,
Had my first one this morning, about 6-8 shots, took about 4-5 minutes and the 2nd one is next Monday. my doc said it went textbook.

Thanks for sharing your experience Tim. My next appointment is Aug.29.

Glenn

Back