Larry Feusse Breaks Harrison Score Record!

AJ300MAG

Al Walewski
Here's the results from a 100 yard Score Match held at the Harrison Sportsmens Club today.

In VFS Class:
1st. Larry Feusse.................... 250-25X Breaks the old record of 250-24X
2nd. Al Walewski..................... 250-22X
3rd. Jim Hutchison................... 250-20X

Other competitors shooting a 250 score; Brian Albee 250-19X, Steve Robbins 250-18X, Larry Gage 250-15X, Rob Whitaker 250-14X, Ron Breedlove 250-13X, Jeff Aberegg 250-11X

In Factory Class:
1st. Jeff Aberegg................... 250-14x
2nd. Kurt Krug....................... 246-6X
3rd. Elton Rountree................ 242-4X

Congratulations Larry for setting a new record!!!!!!! Having watched you shoot all season I kind of figured it was more of when you'd break the record not if.:D Larry is one of the good guys in benchrest. He's always willing to take the time to help someone.

Congrats to Jeff for winning Factory Class!

It's been a great Benchrest season at Harrison. Looking foward to seeing everyone again next spring.

Full match results and an equipment list can be seen on the attachment.

Attachments

• Harrison Score Sept-20.pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 279
Al, that was fast. Yes, Larry Feusse is truly one of the great guys of BR. Larry, like you said to Joe.............. now you can add this to your list of credits!!! Two 24's at Harrison then finishing up with a 25 and 18 wipe outs!! Brian Albee said it best when I told him if he shoots a 25 it will be second, Brian said, then I'll be behind one of the best. Larry, way to go!!!!!!!

Jeff Aberegg

Actually it's a 30 Grendel...

with a few modifications. Larry is always fooling around with cartridge design.

All 25 X's were very straight forward with no plugging required. I scored the targets and it was as clean an agg as I have seen. Larry has that gun shooting unbelieveably well.

Nice finish for a good season.

Dick Wright

P.S. One other thing... Viva Le Boycott.

Last edited:
Congratulations

Larry, is one of the good guys of BR. I classify him, along with Henry Childs, as "Mad Scientist" types. They both add much to our sport with their experimentation. Both are great shooters as Larry just proved. Congratulations. James

Great shooting Larry, 25x's wow! Seems only a few years back I remember Dick saying that Harrison is so tough no records would be broken there. I don't know of any 25's being shot in Michigan anywhere yet, other than at Joe Hynes home range. I guess also Dan Honert shot one at dad's home range. That really is something, I suppose you'll be in Oscoda next week for the 100, 200 yard match?

Congrats Larry.

Paul

Last edited:
Congratulations Larry, you are a tough guy to beat and now a record that can't be beat unless you count wipeouts.

Larry and 30 Grendel ?

Tell us 6PPC group shooters how a 30 Grendel is set up ?

Annd, notice that the 6PPC shooters were the TOP 2-9....HUH :confused:

I thought 30 BR and other 30s were the only game in town for score shooting.

Last edited:
Boycott...??

What is "Dick" stirring up now.....it's going to be a long winter up thar :eek:.

P.S. One other thing... Viva Le Boycott. ????

Last edited:
Snuffy, Dick has his undies

P.S. One other thing... Viva Le Boycott. ????[/QUOTE]

in a bunch about sanctioning bodies. He ,"his", range is above the fray of sanctioned matches.

Last edited:
GReat Way To Close The Harrison Season

Great Shooting Larry. You have been having a very good year and this is a Super way to top it off at the last Harrison shoot of the season.

Mike
Harrison, Michigan

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I had a good day.

For those interested in the 30GR. It is built on the 6.5 Grendel case and then simply expanded to .308. My reamer has a 35 degree shoulder angle, mostly because of the shorter neck and because of the small shoulder compared to the 30BR. Case capacity is right between the 30PPC and the 30BR. It works best with lighter bullets like the 112 BIBs. My velocity is right about 3050 fps. I use a Krieger barrel, Bat action and stock of my own design.

We are not allowed to call it a 30 Grendel because of the registereed Grendel name owned by Alexander Arms. Thus the name 30 GR.

I do commercial work on rifles, especially rebarreling and custom dies, etc. I have all three reamers for the 30 GR, chambering, full length resize and straight line seating.

Larry

Back