Lapua chamber

drknite

With Lapua now having their own test facilities in the U.S and recent winners Joe Beshe and the Arkansas state winner shooting Lapua ammo do you think more rifles will start being chambered for Lapua? Does anybody know if Joe's rifle is chambered for Lapua or does it just happen to shoot it well. Does it make a real difference in accuracy whether you have a rifle chambered for Lapua or Eley when it comes to shooting Lapua ammo. Appreciate any advice or personal experience.

Before Kettlefoot as I was pretty much in the go mode to have a barrel Lapua chambered. After Kettlefoot the decision was made. I'm having a barrel chambered for Lapua.

Reason for the question is I currently have my suhl getting a muller barrel chambered for Lapua installed. Was hoping to get more people who have tried this chamber. Evelio Mcdonald is doing the work. Hopefully this will work out. Plan on having it sent to Lapua for testing.

I'm not sure a Lapua chamber exists?? I've never heard of or seen a reamer that say Lapua on it. I understand that Kevin prefers a 2 degree leade of a certain length but I'll bet it will shoot Eley just as well?
I did a Benchmark barrel recently with a PTG match reamer recently & it shoots both Eley & Midas + pretty well. It has a 1 1/2 degree leade & is supposed to give a length of .630.
I like what I've seen so far.
Keith

Back