Kostyshyn Precision Barrels

F

Fred Mastin

Has anyone heard from Craig Kostyshyn lately? I have tried his phone number and email off his website but to no avail.

Thanks,

Fred Mastin

He has sold out all his machinery and is out of buisness. I hauled the machinery back to Wisconsin so I know he is done!

Craig made some of the finest .30 cal barrels in the world. I know the two I had were incredible. My HV gun fought me all season long this year and finally with two tournaments left, I dusted off the .17 twist Kosty 30BR tube that Stan Ware had chambered in 2004 and screwed it back on. Not sure how many rounds it has on it as I quit counting at 6,000. :eek:

At Holmen, Wisconsin the old Kosty was good enough for 8th @ 100 (250-16X), 4th @ 200 (249-7x) and 3rd in the VfS 100-200 Grand Agg (499-23X). A couple weeks later at Webster City, Iowa it hung in there well enough for a 2nd place in the Two Gun.

Craig's equipment came from Northwest Precision Barrels in Washington state. I heard it was headed to Wisconsin and wish the new owner(s) success on the venture. There just might be just a bit of barrel making knowledge in Wisconsin.....

Good shootin'. -Al

There was a fella in Indiana that i talked to several months back that was supposed to be getting ready to make barrels. I dont for the life of me remember who he was though. Sounds familiar? Lee

I don't know if I'm supposed to blab or not but I know who has them and they are in good hands and should be producing barrels again before too long.

No Francis you may know someone who has the equipment they were made on, that is not necessarily the same thing.

What did I do? What did you do to deserve a beer in my presence and with my dollar? They are still a dollar aren't they?
Do you have all the Pete Wass stuff?

Well, I asked you first so you owe me. I'll buy the third round. Yes I have his stuff. That's why we should do away with the dollar bill and go to the $2 bill and bring back the 50 cent piece. Either that or get Obamanation unelected this year and get a president that will do the right thing deficite wise. This deficite is just killing us, slowly but surely. Glad I'm almost as old as you!

Well, I asked you first so you owe me. I'll buy the third round. Yes I have his stuff. That's why we should do away with the dollar bill and go to the $2 bill and bring back the 50 cent piece. Either that or get Obamanation unelected this year and get a president that will do the right thing deficite wise. This deficite is just killing us, slowly but surely. Glad I'm almost as old as you![/QUOTE]

Ouch!!!!! Francis another know's you.:D

Dan

I have serial # 00001 Rock Creek/Dan Muller button-rifled barrel. I just got it tuned and, so far, I'm pleased with the way it shoots. They are produced on Kostshyn's equipment and it's my understanding that Dan Muller of Rock Creek is the man in charge of the button rifled rimfire barrel operation.

Back