Keppliger trigger

I have one in my VAC rifle and love it.

For "woods" hunting I use it in the conventional mode. For varmints or when I have time and a good rest, the set mode will increase accuracy measurably.

P1080001-vi.jpg

Article here:
http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/the-vac-rifle.html

i tried one in a mauser a bunch of years ago, i want overly pleased with it. for me there was no happy ground with the trigger. for a funtional set trigger, the unset weight had to be higher than i cared for on a hunting rifle. if the unset was put at a reasonable pull weight, the set trigger was so light you couldnt even breathe on it.

I've put two on................

Mausers, and both shooters tell me they like them very much.

I don't know about ounces, but I coached both shooters on how to use the trigger, and how to get in the groove to shoot it in the first place.

I find it very helpful to point the unloaded gun in a safe direction, or, on a pedestal at the range, and dry-fire the rifle while actually watching your hand and trigger finger operate the trigger.
I don't know why, I guess the act of watching the finger makes more of an impression than trying to 'feel it', for most folks.

I do know that, by coaching this way, it seems to make a marked improvement in a very short time, even for shotgunners, who aren't fluent w/a rifle trigger.

Like anything else, it is VERY light when set, and it requires familiarity, confidence through practice, and a heightened responsibility.

Like handling any other loaded gun.
But more so.

Some time ago I tried it but I think it is not worthless to add the trigger with it. Due to this set trigger become very light and creates more problem.

Over the years I have used three of the set triggers. If you are good with trigger work and take the time you can set up the Kepplinger Single Set Trigger in a Rem 700 or 40X as light as 2 oz on set and 1.8# without the set. All it takes is skill and time.

These set triggers are OK for hunting rifles and other field rifles but they are not so good for BR rifles. The hammer or hatchet action inside the trigger will cause a very slight amount of rifle motion before the firing pin is released. This will show up on the target paper. Also the set trigger even with all the parts polished is just not as smooth and repeatable as Jewel or other quality BR trigger.

Back