kelbys trigger

I looked at the

site but could not find the information. What is the correct spacing between the sear bar and the cocking piece such that it will reset and not drag? I put my trigger up and would like to use it on another action. I would like to get everything set just right.

Can anybody suggest a proper way to check cocking piece drag? Only thing I've ever done is dye mark it and check for little or no wear.

Standard dimensions

Jerry:

Sorry...I forgot about this thread. I had a "Predator" action in the shop today. I installed one of our triggers, and the pin located under the firing pin block needed to be .540" long. It functioned with no drag or slam-fire, with the trigger pull weight set right at 50 grams and with .010" sear engagement.

This is also the typical length for a Remington 700 with a standard firing pin assembly.

Best regards...

cool,

that is good information. I will have to see where the trigger landed on my diamondback. Sometimes we use parts for ourselves that are a little out of tolerance.

Jewell vs Kelbly

I have a Bat 10 inch action that had ignition problems with the jewell trigger that came with the rifle. The Kelbly allowed more firing pin travel and cured the problem.
My last few Jewells have been tuned by Bordens and they are very nice.

Your right....when Jim gets done with an action/trigger....it's very nice, perfectly timed and ejects consistanly.

Hovis

Back