Just started carrying berger bullet at my shop!

Well Mike how did you do you forgot to say? OH and yes the the boys at the famous PA 1000 yard club use Bergers all the time and we also have dealers there that we buy from. They shoot real nice.

Joe Salt

??????
lost me joe

mike in co

Well Mike how did you do you forgot to say? OH and yes the the boys at the famous PA 1000 yard club use Bergers all the time and we also have dealers there that we buy from. They shoot real nice.

Joe Salt

small business man

i have been a small business owner for 35 years competing aganist companies doing billions.

midway is huge dont doubt it i live close to them but there are times when their attitute just stinks. i have a wholesale account with grafs and midway cannot compete with them.

why? low overhead and lots of family working for nothing at times. so how will you compete for one thing you will not need the markup that midway has in order to make it.

you may wind up selling your bullets for cost but selling other things to compensate for your loss in profits. i have had to do this for all my business life and it will work. work on figuring ways to lower you shipping costs and go from there.

best of luck

bob

Mike you even forgot what you said, you shot your bullets at a match! well how did you do with them. And the comment about the Famous PA.1000 yard club I didn't like. Now you got it.

Joe Salt

8th...but ahead of 7 other guys......
you took it wrong ..i meant with such a strong club and lots of shooters there might be a market he could share.
mike in co

Well thats a start your in the middle. Been there a time or two! And yes we are a very stong club, we already have guys selling bullets. But if we could get a better price have at it, prices are way out of hand. That would be one of the things that would probably make me stop shooting is the money, unless someone gives me a part time job! And not selling bullets.

Joe Salt

i have been a small business owner for 35 years competing aganist companies doing billions.

midway is huge dont doubt it i live close to them but there are times when their attitute just stinks. i have a wholesale account with grafs and midway cannot compete with them.

why? low overhead and lots of family working for nothing at times. so how will you compete for one thing you will not need the markup that midway has in order to make it.

you may wind up selling your bullets for cost but selling other things to compensate for your loss in profits. i have had to do this for all my business life and it will work. work on figuring ways to lower you shipping costs and go from there.

best of luck

bob

I just had to order 500 pieces of nosler 243win brass for my gun a customers gun and a special gun for a shooter. well Nosler was out and my distributors did have some, but it is a problem IMHO when I can order it from Midway for cheaper than I can get it from a distributor. I don't know how that happens but it's crap.

its fairly simple.....volume = discount...
your distributor my be a fourth or third tier buyer, i would be willing to bet midway is second tier...always.
more tiers less discount.
buy big sell low and still make money while under pricing your competition.
this was my original statement about berger pricing...they sell so low to midway, that even buying direct from berger as a dealer, midway is already selling lower or close to what the dealer just bought at.
as an example..
i buy from two decent sized distributors.
my cost on bullet x is 12 cents a pc.
a guy that works the same field, buys at 5 cents each from a second tier.......wonder how many layers there are between my dist and the maker???
if he wanted to sell against me , i would be out of business.( volume buying...he buys $25-50k at a time).
luckily for me he does not like retail.

mike in co

Hey, four years in the bullet............

business, great; the fellow my friend ordered from has been doing that shipping for over 20 yrs; just a tad bit more, I'll grant you.

70 lbs., okay granted, I was informed about 6-7 yrs ago, by the PO, that it was 72-73, I forget, so maybe they have changed this, or I forgot.

My info about supervisors and carriers still stands, rules can be selectively interpreted AND/OR enforced by anyone in authority, or even not in authority, if they have a crony in a position who'll take their side and beennnd the rules just a bit. Seen that enough, and so have you, or you should have, by now.

Anyone has a problem, you'll always say how YOU have NEVER had a problem, all well and good, for YOU, but that does not mean someone else in another area does NOT have a problem with the same entity in their location.

Last edited:
well let me put it this way,,,,,
if the shippers personel beat up the box...then it was not packaged properly for the intented shipper.
if it was a one off event...well then why bring it up ?
if it happened all the time read statement one.
again the event should have been brought to the attention of po management.
mike in co
business, great; the fellow my friend ordered from has been doing that shipping for over 20 yrs; just a tad bit more, I'll grant you.

70 lbs., okay granted, I was informed about 6-7 yrs ago, by the PO, that it was 72-73, I forget, so maybe they have changed this, or I forgot.

My info about supervisors and carriers still stands, rules can be selectively interpreted AND/OR enforced by anyone in authority, or even not in authority, if they have a crony in a position who'll take their side and beennnd the rules just a bit. Seen that enough, and so have you, or you should have, by now.

Anyone has a problem, you'll always say how YOU have NEVER had a problem, all well and good, for YOU, but that does not mean someone else in another area does NOT have a problem with the same entity in their location.

Back