Just installed both models of Farley triggers

Boyd Allen

I have one each of the model with the safety, and the competition model that does not have one. They both are very well made, with great attention to detail and elegantly precise machining. The safety was the starting place for the design,and except for it being omitted in the competition model the internals of both triggers are the same, with the exception of the springs. I have mounted both, the safety model on an otherwise bone stock Remington BDL and the Competition model on a single shot Bighorn action that is part of a rifle that features a Lederer barrel from the same batch, and chambered in the same caliber that Bart shot his .282 600 yd record with. The barreled action sits in a fully tricked out McMillan Kestros stock.

Both triggers came adjusted light and feel very nice. I believe that the Competition model is lighter than I have set the trigger on my LV 6PPC but I will wait for electronic gauge confirmation to be sure about that. I can say that it feels very nice, and I say that having owned a number of "2 oz." triggers. My next step will be to take both rifles to the range, not because I need to shoot to feel or measure a trigger, but because my new 6BRA has not been fired and I am itching to do that, so I might as well try the triggers on the same trip. So far, I am impressed.

I have one each of the model with the safety, and the competition model that does not have one. They both are very well made, with great attention to detail and elegantly precise machining. The safety was the starting place for the design,and except for it being omitted in the competition model the internals of both triggers are the same, with the exception of the springs. I have mounted both, the safety model on an otherwise bone stock Remington BDL and the Competition model on a single shot Bighorn action that is part of a rifle that features a Lederer barrel from the same batch, and chambered in the same caliber that Bart shot his .282 600 yd record with. The barreled action sits in a fully tricked out McMillan Kestros stock.

Both triggers came adjusted light and feel very nice. I believe that the Competition model is lighter than I have set the trigger on my LV 6PPC but I will wait for electronic gauge confirmation to be sure about that. I can say that it feels very nice, and I say that having owned a number of "2 oz." triggers. My next step will be to take both rifles to the range, not because I need to shoot to feel or measure a trigger, but because my new 6BRA has not been fired and I am itching to do that, so I might as well try the triggers on the same trip. So far, I am impressed.

I wonder why Farley decided to develope a new accuracy trigger? Is there a deficiency with the existing available triggers? Do the Farley triggers use coil or dog leg springs?...................Don

Coil. I have owned a number of different brands of "2 oz." triggers. They all made the rifle go bang when they were pulled. I guess that after the first one was available, the rest were superfluous. Just kidding. Why do we have so many actions, stock, or barrel makers? Why do we need more than one brand of automobile?

Coil. I have owned a number of different brands of "2 oz." triggers. They all made the rifle go bang when they were pulled. I guess that after the first one was available, the rest were superfluous. Just kidding. Why do we have so many actions, stock, or barrel makers? Why do we need more than one brand of automobile?

Well, actually we don't have very many stock makers any more ;)

Coil.. Why do we have so many actions, stock, or barrel makers? Why do we need more than one brand of automobile?

Hopefully for new innovations and improvements, I know one area that I would like to see somebody like Farley trigger innovate would be in the creation of an infinite variably adjustable trigger assembly that would allow the user to time the trigger/cocking piece to optimal handoff within the nearest .001"...............Don

Thanks to a suggestion from Mike Bryant, I stole a Sherr Tumico 0-9 oz. dynamometer off of Ebay, for a paltry $35 delivered, in perfect condition in a lined case. This is THE way to measure light triggers. The competition model came in at 1/1-2 oz. and passed a very vigorous deer rifle suitable bolt slam test, with flying colors. The one with the safety came adjusted lighter than I would take into the field at 6 oz. I understand that it can be adjusted up to about 2#. They are both impressively smooth.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/352331770723-0-1/s-l140/p.jpg

Last edited:
Back