Just getting Back into the Paper Punching Buisness.

jstanfield103

Guy's/Gal's

I have been away from paper punching for a very long time. I use to really enjoy it but when the ammo shortage hit I got so frustrated about not being able to find any ammo I just sold all my rifles and got out of it. I just have been slowly getting back into 22's.

Here are a couple of recent purchases.

1. Clarks Custom Ruger 10/22

2. Remington 540X - I use to have one of these and it was a shooter. I use to enjoy picking flies and Wasp off of the targets with it. Tack Drivers are these rifles.

Guy's/Gal's,

So far very happy with the rifle. I took her out today really just to see how she operated and to set the scope.

I fired a total of 65 rounds. The first 15 were just bulk hollow points to zero the scope. Then I started with CCI SV to fine tune the scope in. I will say this little rifle really shoots. I am extremely happy with her. In the picture below you can see I started out on bottom left and went clock wise around the targets. I have them numbered. I could not get my nerves to calm down seems that I shot a little better just plinking them off today but even the bottom right with the flier can easily be covered by a dime. 10 shot groups every one of the targets.

I usually only shoot 25 yards due to my home range only being set up for that as of now. I have to plant some more posts and make a 50 and a 100 yard range to stretch her out.

Anyway hear are the pictures. I also made a final adjustment on the last target shot. Still may need to go one more click up. and I think it will be dead on.

Last edited:
Guy's/Gal's,

I did not get the 540X to the range today I took my Clark Custom 10/22 because I was reworking the stock on the 540X.

When I bought the rifle there were a couple scratches in the stock and that was all that was wrong with the rifle. I ended up buying some stripper and started working on it late last night. Finished it about 4 pm this afternoon.

I Love the look of the lighter wood. Took off all that old darker finish and just let the natural wood shine through. Love it.

Had a 540xr for many years, first as my match gun( Replaced a 513t) then was my match back up rifle to an Annie. Been selling off some of the match .22's as had an overabundance of them and of course the ammo shortage / pricing has curtailed a lot of my endeavors. Not to mention the $4/gal fuel prices not that long ago. Used for silly wet until they changed the stock rules ( the xr had the fish belly stock).

This is my second 540X, the first one I got so mad about the 22lr. shortage after looking for 3 years and having trouble finding it. I sold all my 22's including my 540X. Now that 22 is coming back I am kicking myself for selling them. I have been on a 22lr. buying spree and I am very happy to find this rifle. My old one that I had was almost a one hole rifle. Now that I have the stock done on this one I am hoping to get it out this coming weekend and she what she will do.

Wish me luck. I will post some results.

Back