Jean-Louis Espinet

H."Snuffy"Smith

I just learned from France that Jean-Louis Espinet AKA "The Pig Man" has passed away. He was an avid Super shoot competitor for several years. He once told me that he loved to come to America for our "Great Beer"
A man from France with all their wonderful wine makers and German beer....yet he loved to come to America ??

RIP, my friend.

"Snuffy"

Last edited:
Pigman

Hi Snuffy

Jean-Louis passed away February last year after an heart surgery and I still keep thinking about him all the time. He was the first to use your tails in France and a lot of us followed, we were buddies, team mates and above all... friends. If you come to the S.Shoot and if you walk in the barn look for the second row on your left there will be a sign with "Pig Alley" one of his favorites. Carlos

Thank you, Carlos...

I think that I met you several years ago at the SS. Yes, I sent JL many sets of sail tails. I know that he really enjoyed the Super Shoot...always smiling.

Benchrest Shooting is a world wide sport and I have met many fine foreign shooters at the SS. The world is a better place for our many friends. Will you be coming to the SS in the future ?

My regards and condolences to Jean-Louis family in France.

"SnuffY"

Super Shoot

Absolutely I will be there again this year and will not miss it unless "force majeure". I love to see all my friends, share the shooting and Karen's apple pies!

Pig Man

Thanks Snuffy for the info. I guess everyone @ the Super Shoot, will miss that pink cap w/the pig ears. I think Michalob was his favorite in the Anhaueser line.
I just learned from France that Jean-Louis Espinet AKA "The Pig Man" has passed away. He was an avid Super shoot competitor for several years. He once told me that he loved to come to America for our "Great Beer"
A man from France with all their wonderful wine makers and German beer....yet he loved to come to America ??

RIP, my friend.

"Snuffy"

Back