James messer

I searched my cell phone thinking I had James number...but was a bit damaged when I couldn't find it. Somebody please post it soon.

I feel I should define my interest in contacting James. On approx. 3/11 last year I left a rifle with James at his place of business for some work. We discussed timing for completion and we agreed that "a few months" would be likely. I called him in early July at which time he said he would need more time to locate and fit the desired parts. I understood that he would take his time and it would be another "few months or so". He said that when the rifle was complete he would call me. Having heard nothing, I called today. 2 "work" numbers are disconnected/no longer in service. I left a message on what I think is his cell phone. There is no answer at the number I have as a home phone. Obviously, I am a patient man; however, I am concerned. I sincerely want to contact James directly before I pursue other avenues to locate my rifle. Naturally, as soon as this situation is resolved, I will post an "all clear" on this site.

If preferred, I may be contacted directly by email at: rayhoagland@att.net or by phone at 828-685-0749

Thanks again.

Last edited:
we all share your concern

sent an e-mail to the address I had and it bounced back, called a friend and left a message to see if he has a current contact number for James and have not heard back yet,

perhaps post his home town and part of his address (north west side of town) and I am sure someone here knows a person or two in that home town and can SLIDE over to see the shop that may be closed and talk to the neighbors to see a forwarding address,

I am sure someone will help shortly, good luck with your search,

if I hear from my gunsmith nearby I will call you

again it should be easy to trace as he is quite well known in this crowd, you may also wish to try over on rimfire central or 6mmbr.com and you should get an answer later this week,

sorry for posting short on your other thread, we feel the pain, good luck

I had a rail gun base go missing with USA courier and found it 3 months later and got a friend to buy it LM and sold him the top so finding people or things happens quite regularly,

hang in there, good news is around the corner,

Jefferson

All clear

Charles Messer's home & both business phones are no longer active. I found and visited his home today. Spoke with his wife. He's bird hunting in AL. Mrs. says she'll have him call me upon his return (Thurs. or Fri., she thinks). His cell phone is "OFF". Mrs. gave me hers. If and when I get their permission to disclose current contact info., I'll post it on this thread. His reputation as a gunsmith is exceptional. Thanks for your concern & cooperation.

good for you

hope it meets or beats your expectations,

take care

Jefferson

Messer

Wilbur if you need to get in touch with James, respond here and I will help but I will not put his phone no without his permission. Jerry Mcfall

Wilbur if you need to get in touch with James, respond here and I will help but I will not put his phone no without his permission. Jerry Mcfall

Jerry - call me and give me both your and James' number. I sleep till about 12:30PM and leave for work about 2PM. Doesn't matter when you call but earlier than 12:30 is a bust every time. I can answer the phone at work but if I'm in a meeting I have to turn it off.

423-443-9449

Final update: I spent some time with James at his home today and took delivery of my rifle. It was complete, very beautiful and reasonably priced for the work done. To jerry t mcfall and Wilbur I offer my respects for protecting James' privacy and security. Should either of you need contact information for James, let me know and I'll reply privately.
My email address and home phone # are posted earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Back