Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Group Shoot Next Saturday, June 24, 2017!

pikedrop

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club & Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare & Gaylord, MI will be hosting a 100 yard group shoot Saturday, June 24, 2017. The 25 shot match starts at 10:00 am. First place in both classes (Factory & LV/HV) wins $20.00 cash plus a $20.00 gift card from Jay's Sporting Goods, plus the Isabella County Sportsman's Club Winner's Pin! Second place wins $10.00 and third place (if there are three competitors) wins $5.00. The smallest group shot counts towards the Brian Albee Memorial $50.00 Award. Jeff Aberegg is sponsoring this award. Thank you Jeff! So far, Johnny (NASCAR fame) Benson is leading the pack with a 0.124" group! Maybe Johnny will come back and make it smaller!

There is a case capacity of .308 Win or less. See the attachment.

So come one and come all to the Isabella County Sportsman's Club next Saturday, June 24th. Bring your best rifle and best load. You are gonna need it! Coffee and donuts will be served in the range shack.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

Attachments

• 2017 Isabella Match Schedule 5-9-17.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
A Friendly Reminder

This coming Saturday is the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Group Shoot. 25 shots for record. World Class Donuts from Cops & Donuts (Dick Wright is picking them up). Bring your best rifle and your very best loads - you are gonna need them!

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

The latest weather report says that our current rain will stop soon and we will have sunshine this afternoon and tomorrow morning. They're forecasting more precep later tomorrow... hopefully after we get done shooting. It looks like we will have a break long enough to get the match in and head for the Judge's Bench.

Dad gum Rain!

The Mt. Pleasant area has received 7 inches of rain as of this morning and it is supposed to receive more today. I am in contact with Steve Robbins. He has told me that they have received word not to travel the roads. I will be waiting on a recon report from him this afternoon.

Matt

Hey Matt,

We are looking at the internet right now and seeing roads that are washed out all over near me. We have several bridges and culverts that are gone within a couple miles of me.
I know they had Winn Rd closed earlier just South of M-20. This is just north of the club.

Joe

This is the view out my driveway this morning. That car is stranded in the road.

Joe

Attachments

• driveway flooded.jpg
    driveway flooded.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 128
This is about the same water level as the flood of '86. I never thought I would see it like this again in my lifetime.

Joe

This is Blanchard Rd about 5 miles east of the club. This is between Shepherd and Winn.

Joe

Attachments

• Blanchard Rd.jpeg
    Blanchard Rd.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 149
Hey Matt,

We are looking at the internet right now and seeing roads that are washed out all over near me. We have several bridges and culverts that are gone within a couple miles of me.
I know they had Winn Rd closed earlier just South of M-20. This is just north of the club.

Joe

Joe,

Do you know if Winn Rd. is still closed?

Matt

Back