Is cal .22 impossible to make top result for BR 25 meter

Nitro

Hi! Sorry for my english, but I try to do my best.
Me and my son are newbeginners in BR and we are using for the moment FWB 300S 7,4 ft/lbs for BR 27,3 yd, but we want to find something better for challengs in HV class. So we had decided to bye a FX Royal 400 FT in .22
I know that the most pro use .177 but we also will use the rifle in BR for 82-109 yd in Sweden, but then in power of about 35 ft/lbs.
So I wonder if .22 in HV class will work out good ore if it will be bad from the beginning?

/Andreas

In HV, many shooters are having success with .22 caliber pellets. Check the Records page at usairriflebenchrest.com, most were done in .22 caliber.

In HV, many shooters are having success with .22 caliber pellets. Check the Records page at usairriflebenchrest.com, most were done in .22 caliber.

Now when I check, I don't know if I agree. Many of the result I can't see what cal. they use, but FWB P70FT is in the top and I belive that is .177 ore do I have wrong.
Around 740 - 745 p. I belive is in the top.

/Andreas

Andreas,
The WRABF HV World Record agg. shot at the 2011 World Championship was shot with a .22. The .22 rifle I'm currently shooting is MUCH more accurate than the setup that shot that record. On the other hand the US record was shot by a .177. I think for your long distance shooting you will be better off with the .22.
Just my opinion,
Todd

Andreas,
The WRABF HV World Record agg. shot at the 2011 World Championship was shot with a .22. The .22 rifle I'm currently shooting is MUCH more accurate than the setup that shot that record. On the other hand the US record was shot by a .177. I think for your long distance shooting you will be better off with the .22.
Just my opinion,
Todd
Thanks, yes oufcourse .22 will work much better in longer distance with more power (and that is what we will use it for the most at home). But was wonder if it had good chanses for 20ft/lbs and 27,3 yd in this internationell champship.
You, say W.record 2011 (nice), but when I look in result list FWB P70FT is in the top with 746-750 p. For us it's looks unbeateble, haha.

/Andreas

You, say W.record 2011 (nice), but when I look in result list FWB P70FT is in the top with 746-750 p. For us it's looks unbeateble, haha.

/Andreas

I would tell you that you are looking at the indoor scores and suggest you dig deeper to look at the outdoor scores like I just did, but you'll find that Ron and the Wild River shooters are at the top with the P70's there, too:eek: They have those guns tuned to perfection and have found the perfect pellets, something the rest us are still working on! I like my .22's but recently bought a couple of LW .177 barrels to try for HV. According to the counter on the European Champ. website, we've got 169 days to figure out what to shoot at Plzen!
See you there!
Todd

Hehe

Ok, then I know what you mean, thanks.
Now I'm not that afraid anymore:D
We will work out with .22
See you at Plzen.

/Andreas

Back