IR5050 Indoor UL Nationals at Piney Hill Nov. 11-12

MaxxPower

The 2017 IR5050 Indoor Unlimited Nationals are coming right up -a little over a month away at the fabulous Piney Hill range in Luray, Virginia. November 11-12.

The range will be open all day Friday for practice. UL Yards will be Saturday and UL Meters Sunday. We've had a great turnout the last few years for shoulder-to-shoulder shooting. If you haven't shot at Piney Hill you owe it to yourself to come.

As of now Clint plans to be there Friday and Saturday.

All are welcome. Any rifle weight, any scope, any rest. Show up and Shoot! No excuse not to.

Bruce

Btt

I will propose that we show the 275 scoring at the Nationals as well as the scoring we already use. Of course what we're using now determines the winner. It would allow some to feel a bit better, or not, & be met with the most feedback from we the shooters. Just a thought.
Kettlefoot is building a new state of the art indoor range so this could be potentially the last indoor UL Nationals at Piney Hill. I have mixed feelings about this.
Personally I'd like to see all the National rotate around the country somewhat so that it may attract shooters that won't travel a day or more to get to them. It likely would have the same effect but still would be nice to see. Maybe Kettlefoot is the most centrally located range, I don't know.
One thing for sure is its the largest IR50 shoot next to the Triple Crown we have. BE THERE!

Keith

The Indoor Range at Kettlefoot is a minimum of 2 years away. I hope to break ground this coming Spring, but we will have to see how it goes. I will not build anything less than the best indoor facility anywhere so the cost keeps going up therefore ; The Indoor Nationals will be at Piney Hill for the next several years. Bristol is host to a lot of huge events such as the Bristol Motor Speedway events and the Music festivals. These events are one reason we are careful not to overlap any major shooting matches with the races etc. There are at least 25 Motels within a 10 mi Radius of the Range. The prices are reasonable as long as we are the only event that week. Some of the motels give a special rate or discount for "Kettlefoot" shooters.
I would be happy to rotate the Nationals between several different Ranges, but as of now no one has asked for the Nationals or have not shown they have the facility and staff to host a National Event.
We are working on some major additions to IR50/50 and will announce these later in the month after all the details are worked out. I and several others who are working on this are very excited about IR50/50 and things to come.
I plan on being at Piney Hill for all the Indoor Nationals this year and look forward to seeing everyone.
Wayne

I'll bet Clint's out of Lapua before 3pm Friday. It will be interesting seeing the percentage shooting either brands. I'll bet once again Eley will be the minority.

Keith

I will propose that we show the 275 scoring at the Nationals as well as the scoring we already use. Of course what we're using now determines the winner. It would allow some to feel a bit better, or not, & be met with the most feedback from we the shooters. Just a thought.
Kettlefoot is building a new state of the art indoor range so this could be potentially the last indoor UL Nationals at Piney Hill. I have mixed feelings about this.
Personally I'd like to see all the National rotate around the country somewhat so that it may attract shooters that won't travel a day or more to get to them. It likely would have the same effect but still would be nice to see. Maybe Kettlefoot is the most centrally located range, I don't know.
One thing for sure is its the largest IR50 shoot next to the Triple Crown we have. BE THERE!

Keith

Keith,
At some point you need to really learn to stay away from the keyboard and stop digging a freaking hole.......now would be a good time.

Keith,
At some point you need to really learn to stay away from the keyboard and stop digging a freaking hole.......now would be a good time.

A perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black
Put me on your ignore list tim, its not going to happen.

Keith

Back