IR50/50 - Florida State Championship, Crawfish Shoot

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Steve "Fiddler" Lloyd wins Florida State 3 Gun, Yards. Good time, good food, and some good shooting going on here in Jacksonville, FL, at Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club.

Posted below is the 3 Gun Top Ten for the FL State Yards.

1 Steve Lloyd 748 46
2 Bob Collins 746 42
3 Tony Boyer 745 42
4 Doug Weeter 745 39
5 Phil Deese 744 46
6 Ron McCormick 744 40
7 Wendell Dean 744 37
8 Ernie Jenderko 742 40
9 Mark Stillwell 740 32
10 Bill Hinegardner 739 39

Full day one results posted on the IR50/50 website and can be found directly by clicking here.

We will be shooting meters tomorrow and those results and more pics will be soon to follow.

In addition to seeing old friends, I was also tickled to see my all-time hero Tony Boyer waste no time getting his hands on rimfire hardwood. Many thanks to Bill "Thumper" Smith for hosting another class act championship event.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0487.jpg
    CIMG0487.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 731
  • CIMG0473.jpg
    CIMG0473.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 710
  • CIMG0477.jpg
    CIMG0477.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 757
Last edited:
Congratulations

Congratulations Steve, you did good. I see a lot of great shooters behind you.

Thanks James

My Gorham 10.5# was shooting great and my little Calfee #11 Sporter was shooting great also. A lot of Fun, Food and Sunshine was had by all. It was good to see Old Friends and make New ones. Bill "Thumper" Smith put on another Great shoot as usual.:D

Steve,
Congrats on some more great shooting! You did very well, that's great agg. for the range. Give yourself some credit, you stil have to tune and shoot those rifles and looks like you did both very well.:) Keep it up!

Crawfish Round-up

Well, another Crawfish Shoot goes into the record books and I really hope that all enjoyed the gathering as much as I did. Once again, I'd like to thank all of the competitors for their generous assistance in making this shoot a total success, we got the bills paid and have a little left to begin with in planning for next year's match. I want to thank Elmer Harris for his assistance in posting the results, the pictures, and being a member of the target crew. He is truly an asset to our sport. Thanks also go out to Tom and Brenda Aldridge, Steve and David Hanna, and Bob Pekaar for all they did to help the match run smoothly. Can't forget Doug Weeter for all of his computer expertise, Bob Collins for his ammo and rifle tuning knowledge, Bill Hinegardner for his gun repair seminar, Gary Mithchell for his patience, Ernie Jenderko for his sense of humor, and finally to Steve Lloyd and Tony Boyer for the shooting lessons they gave so freely, man what a whooping they put on us! I know I have left out quite a few that really contributed to a great Florida State Championship and I am truly beholding to all, begining with Ron McCormick and Lew Beaudrot, true friends thru it all. Thanks, Thumper!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bill. It was a great match. The weather was about the best we have had for this tournament. I have shot center fire with Tony Boyer several years ago but this is the first rimfire match I had with him. He is a fine gentleman and a fantistic shooter. Glad to see him shooting rimfire. Congratulattions to all the wood winners. Thanks to everyone who made the weekend possible. Hope to do it again.

Great Shoot, Great competers, Great food, thanks Bill. The wife and I enjoyed it.

John Spafford

Thumper,
Thanks for all your hard work in putting on the Crawfish. The crowd and atmosphere at Gateway makes it worth the ride down every year! I'm already looking forward to next year's feast, too. Hope someone brings another can of those boiled peanuts!
Todd

Todd

Glad to see you made it home safely! It was good to see you again, next time bring the boys with ya, oh and your better half.:D

I wish to thank everyone who came down for three great days of shooting.
The Florida sunshine, light winds and seafood made for a spectacular weekend.
All of the shooters who came down showed us how to play this game and what scores it takes to compete.

This was my son’s (David) first big match, where he met and competed with the top shooters in this sport. He stepped up his game to a new level and seriously started looking and waiting for his wind conditions, trusting his hold-off positions, and showed patience on his trigger pulls, and with that he shot a career high 244,and 246, along with some not so good sporter scores. He made me very proud.
I appreciate the patience, kindness and advice that all gave him.

Thanks Bill Smith for great State match, a lot of work goes into putting on and running this type of event. Thanks to all who did what needed to be done for great weekend.

You can find our pictures here.
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww220/hannax/CRAWFISH 2010/

Thanks
Stephen Hanna

Fun Weekend

Thanks Bill
For a Weekend of fun and fellowship
Tim and I had a great time
Glad to see that Lew and Gary are back
McCormick has finely meet his match in the poking fun department he and Tim kept us laughing all weekend
I think Ron found out to get anything on Tim he would need to stay up not just get up

If Leonard could have come I don’t know if we would have been able to handle the three of them at one time

Looking forward to seeing all of our out of state friends at the
VA State and Mid-Atlantic Regional’s next month

Thanks again for another Good Match

Regards,
Cliff

Steve Hanna

It was great to see you and your son shooting together at the Crawfish. He did very good shooting and didn't seem to mind the missed shots. You had better watch out, cause before you know it he'll be putting a whipping on ya. Some of the best times I've had shooting, is when my son Daniel was whipping up on everybody at the matches, especally me. Just keep him in good ammo and watch out.:p

Back