inletting a stock part 2....DROP PORT

rsmithsr

so this is a 6mm dasher drop port, borden brmxd .
so how big is the outlet in the bottom of the stock ?
just copy the action port
bigger than the port, how so ?
smaller than the action port ??

yes it is bedded..finally at last!!!

Here are two views of one which works great . . .

For Stiller Diamondback Drop Port. An example of one type - the exit is just a round hole. RG

Attachments

• IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
i found pics of funnels...NONE IN STOCK
and cut based on the internal shape of those funnels
my action now drops a dasher case out the bottom.
some clean up and cosmetic work to do.

i found pics of funnels...NONE IN STOCK
and cut based on the internal shape of those funnels
my action now drops a dasher case out the bottom.
some clean up and cosmetic work to do.

I ran into the same thing recently doing one for myself. The worst part is, I've got a spare here but couldn't put my hands on it. It makes the job much easier but it's not a necessity. I sloped the back side down but the front(toward bbl) is pretty much straight down with a 5/8" hole. I made a little bezel and blended it in with epoxy as best I could. Kinda hard to work sandpaper in that hole but it works fine. I'll try a pic in a minute and see if I can get it posted. It didn't have to be quite that big but it looks fine to me.

yes i started with 1/2" and then opened a little.
after live fire testing will seal it all.
I ran into the same thing recently doing one for myself. The worst part is, I've got a spare here but couldn't put my hands on it. It makes the job much easier but it's not a necessity. I sloped the back side down but the front(toward bbl) is pretty much straight down with a 5/8" hole. I made a little bezel and blended it in with epoxy as best I could. Kinda hard to work sandpaper in that hole but it works fine. I'll try a pic in a minute and see if I can get it posted. It didn't have to be quite that big but it looks fine to me.

so in real life i had a couple of case not drop, the case mouth would hit/ding the stock foam just enough to stop it.
soo i made a kick plate. .032 al sheet rolled to just over 1/2 id and removed a little stock foam, stuck it in place and cycled some brass...100% drop.
think i will glue in place and see what happens

so in real life i had a couple of case not drop, the case mouth would hit/ding the stock foam just enough to stop it.
soo i made a kick plate. .032 al sheet rolled to just over 1/2 id and removed a little stock foam, stuck it in place and cycled some brass...100% drop.
think i will glue in place and see what happens

Your photos are clear as mud.

i have no idea what is going on, but i can no longer post pic....the manage attachments button does nothing....others have posted a different screen than i get...no clue

i have no idea what is going on, but i can no longer post pic....the manage attachments button does nothing....others have posted a different screen than i get...no clue

I'm not very computer savvy at all but I'd say it's your browser causing your trouble. Consult a 10 year old. Better than me trying to fix it.

I'm not very computer savvy at all but I'd say it's your browser causing your trouble. Consult a 10 year old. Better than me trying to fix it.

The problem is that 10-year olds no longer know how to use computers. Unless there's an app for it on their phone, you're out of luck.

GsT

Just make sure it will eject a still loaded round.
That bullet out there can be annoying at times.

None of the drop ports that I've seen, including my Viper and a buddies Borden, will drop a loaded round. The cutout in the action is just long enough for the empty case.

And I already have been known to throw loaded rounds down the hole.......don't make it bigger LOL

Get yourself a free account at a picture hosting site like imgur.com

Uploading pics here just wastes site space.

Get yourself a free account at a picture hosting site like imgur.com

Uploading pics here just wastes site space.

THIRD PARTY PIC HOSTING IS A DOLLAR SCAM and not very current tech. every where i post.... i post direct no third party crap....two months later...lol

Back