Info Needed: .222 Rem Flashhole Size

South_Pender

I've just bought a .222 Rem. that I'd like to do load-development work on. I've heard that the smaller flashhole size (.062) produces more accurate results, and I'm wondering whether any of the brass makers use this small flashhole with their .222 Rem. brass. Anyone know?

Thanks.

.222 REM primer flash hole

Most all .222 Rem uses a 0.080" flash hole except LAPUA. They have a 0.062" hole. Info by GOOGLE.

Hope this helps,
Ted

Most all .222 Rem uses a 0.080" flash hole except LAPUA. They have a 0.062" hole. Info by GOOGLE.

Hope this helps,
Ted
Thanks a lot, Ted. It helps immensely. I have easy access to Lapua brass here in Canada, and, with the smaller flash hole, I'll go with it.

I've got 2 lots of Lapua .222 brass. First lot was purchases around 2001 when Lapua was outsourcing this cartridge. Once Lapua began importing .222 brass to the states again, I purchased another lot ~ 5 years ago...lot # P00418502. Both lots have 0.080 flash holes. Perhaps this was changed for succeeding lots. Last lot was much better quality than the outsourced stuff.

.222 rem primer flash hole

I'm sorry to say that I might have been wrong due to the Google Info. On closer examination of their picture the cartridge was really a 22BR and not a 222Rem as noted.

Ted

Back