Indoor Postal 100 Meter Match Unlimited Air Rifles - South Africa vs The Netherlands

Now, that sounds like a great event which could become a worldwide challenge very soon. Our only problem will be finding a 100M Indoor range set up to handle our needs. But, I'm sure finding 9 other shooters who would be willing to take the challenge will be the least of our problems, even if travel is necessary. Heck, on a good day at Holbrook we can have 10 shooters show up for a 25Y Indoor match. Add to that Todd, Rick, Pete W., Fred B. and the others showing interest within our ranks and we had better find that Indoor facility real quick, or at least before next years Challenge Cup rolls around.

Dave

Here are the results. We won!!!! Albert who organized the event was kind enough to measure our 5 shot groups as well.

Gert

Attachments

• scorelijst 100m NL-BE-SA.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 282
Gert,
Congratulations on the win, and thanks for posting the very detailed results and equipment list! It's always nice to see what everyone is shooting.
Todd Banks

Gert,

Team USA would be pleased to shoot against South Africa in a postal match, if we can work out the rules. We would have difficulty with a 100m indoor venue but I am sure we could work out the details. Our USA Open class would welcome the challenge.

Cris,
We will be glad to shoot against Team USA. Please let us know when you have a venue. I will ask Paul van Gass to draw up a proposal for the rules and submit to you.

Gert

Gert,

I believe it is summer for you, so we would suggest an outdoor venue using one of the international targets. We will field teams with members based on rules we can agree on. Thank you.

Yea Chris, like I told you earlier, Saturday night we got plus or minus a foot of snow (earliest ever for this area) and out on the range there's over TWO FEET, then yesterday turned around and never got much above freezing, and now they're saying that this Saturday it's suppose to turn COLD, so outdoors sounds just swell to me???? We'll see! But, I do think that Holbrook had a lot less snow to start with as they're 50 miles to our south, plus a whole lot closer to the coast, so hopefully Paul will be able to schedule something there.

Gert, I do hope we can work something out, and that our conditions improve enough to be able to give you a fair run for the glory as shooting under exact opposite conditions may tend to favor the ones who can still feel their fingers both when handling the pellets and the trigger. OR, maybe we should get a handicap, say something like +20% added to our scores? :) :) :)

Looking forward to it.

)chill( Dave Shattuck )chill(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I think this is my first post here .....

We had a hell of a lot of fun .......and the anticipation waiting for the other guys scores to come in is a killer..........

Good idea to get this thing extended to the rest of the world. I think it need to be done indoors though or the results would mean very little. This is airrifle shooting after all and the elements play too big a part.

We should rather wait untill you guys can come up with a hanger or something. I'm sure there must be a wharehouse or similar around. Then you just need to get the benches sorted.

....and it should also include the Dutch guys. Without them this thing would never got off the ground in the first place.

And before I forget, we shot max 5.5mm (our legal limit without the need for a licence), but this could be opened for discussoin.

What do you think ?

Hi all,

We liked it a lot to have this international 100m airgunmatch and we're looking forward to a next international match. What struck me was that although we made the agreement that our NL/Be schooters could shoot full-bechrested, only two of our shooters did so. The other ones only supported te front of the rifle (by bipod or a front rest).

Atb
Emi

Many prefer shooting outdoors, conditions make benchrest with air rifles even more challenging. Finding a barn or hangar is going to be difficult for most of our shooters.

5.5mm or .22 caliber is fine with us with either HV or Open class rifles.

Hi all,

We liked it a lot to have this international 100m airgunmatch and we're looking forward to a next international match. What struck me was that although we made the agreement that our NL/Be schooters could shoot full-bechrested, only two of our shooters did so. The other ones only supported te front of the rifle (by bipod or a front rest).

Atb
Emi

Also we (SA teams) were allowed to shoot of a scuba tank and nobody did.

Many prefer shooting outdoors, conditions make benchrest with air rifles even more challenging. Finding a barn or hangar is going to be difficult for most of our shooters.

5.5mm or .22 caliber is fine with us with either HV or Open class rifles.

cris, I agree that outdoors are a lot more chalanging and therefore the only reason one will have to do this indoors is to level the playing field. There is no way that an outdoor match of this nature can give any true reflection of shooting ability for comparitive purposes.

If it will be outdoors, then one will have to start doing all sorts of "calculation" to statistically level the playing field. One example could be:

Winner's score of the US shoot is 100%
All others get calculated as a pecentage of this.
The Team result is the average percentage achieved
Now you do the same for the SA and NL/Be.
Team with highest percentage win.

OR something along those lines ......

Wannebe,

We have at least 2 indoor facilities but distance is limited to 25 yards. We believe that shooting indoors is an equipment test, shooting outdoors is a shooter's test.

How we calculate the scores we will leave to you. November is the last month many of our clubs can shoot outdoors until spring.

How we calculate the scores we will leave to you. November is the last month many of our clubs can shoot outdoors until spring.

;);)

I like this. We will do the scoring like this ....

1 point for the US .... 1 point for SA
1 point for NL/Be ......1 point for SA
1 point for the US .....1 point for Sa
1 point for Nl/Be .......1 point for SA

.... I think you get the drift ......;)

I'm sure something can be worked out to make the scores more or less comparable .....we just need to apply our minds to it.

Back