IBS 100/200 yd Group Nationals?

Lee,

Week of August 10, 2009 at the Union County Sportsman's Club near Weikert, PA. A great range with fine facilities in a beautiful area - AND well-run with Mark Trutt at the helm. (I earlier posted a July date which was in error. I forgot that Mark, who had considered the July date, was able to move it to the more traditional August date. I have a call in to Mark now to confirm my screw up-yes, the August 10 is CORRECT per Mark). My apologies for the confusion! :eek:

For more info: http://ucscpa.com/

jks

Last edited:
Jeff,

I was there 2 years ago for the 200 / 300 yard match. I don't remember how many spots for motorhomes they have (or power outlets). If there are not enough is there a campsite close?

Larry

ps. I'll miss you in South Africa. It sure was great loading with you in Austria.

Larry - I think Mark Trutt is working on that. Let me find out and I will post here.

Good luck to you and the rest of the team in South Africa. You all look pretty darn tough.

Yes, I wish I could be there. I hope to try to qualify for France in '11.

IBS Group nationals

I don't see those on dicks pending shedule.
Those dates don't line up on the calendar also. Maybe a little mistake on the month. Gerry

IBs nationals

Ok so i guess we should look at changing our annual date for the NYS state championship. We put in for the 18th and 19th of july as usual.
Michelle gave us this date last time. Right after the fourth.
We always had it in the summer, later some one chaanged it to the fall Last shoot of the season.

Ok so i guess we should look at changing our annual date for the NYS state championship. We put in for the 18th and 19th of july as usual.
Michelle gave us this date last time. Right after the fourth.
We always had it in the summer, later some one chaanged it to the fall Last shoot of the season.

Don't worry about it at this point Gerry, everything is tentative.

Dick

IBS Group nationals

Thanks dick. I know it's not set in stone untill the winter meeting.
Jeff and i comunicated about the dates. It didn't look right on the calendar. Of course we could and would change if necessary . We would like the shooters to get use to a certain date for the annual match.

We would like the shooters to get use to a certain date for the annual match.

Gerry
I know exactly what you mean, for instance my club considers the Bud Pryor our big match is established as the second full weekend of June.

However in as much as all IBS Nationals are required to rotate around the country traditional dates do not always work well for the hosting club. Many ranges have multiple groups utilizing them and only have the extra help available to run a Nationals at particular times. Additionally clubs in certain areas need their big shoots to be at certain times of the year. For instance if you want to lure shooters to Maine it may be easier to get people to come if they can mix it with a vacation trip during the summer months.

Dick

Back