IBS 100/200 Score Nationals

Congrats to Fairfax Rod & Gun Club for putting on a good match, it was well run and the range was groomed like a golf course. Thanks to all the helpers, Herb and Kim Llewellen for running the line and Wayne Shaw did the scoring duties and the local Boy Scouts provided lunch and they were the target crew . Everyone did a great job and the match ran smoothly. The weather and conditions were good for the most part, got a little hot and switchy for the 200 on Sunday to remind everyone that they were still at Fairfax after all. Congrats to the winners VFS-100 Brian Fitch 250-24x , it took 23x to get in the top 5. James Hooper won Hunter class at 100 with 250-16x. John Bosley won VFS-200 with 250-14x, it took 10x to make the top 6. James Hooper won Hunter 200 with a 248-3x score. Fairfax's own Wayne France won the VFS Grand Agg with a 500-34x Score, there were 7-500's shot over the weekend. Well if you have been paying any attention at all you already know that James Hooper won the Hunter Grand agg with a 997-54x score. There was a lot of great scores shot and I think everyone had a good time. It was great to visit with some old friends and I got to meet a number of new ones. It was a good reminder that there are a great bunch of people in Benchrest, so if you are good people come join in the fun. Congrats to all that shot well and thanks to all that helped out.

Good to see your name again Steve

Congrats to Fairfax Rod & Gun Club for putting on a good match, it was well run and the range was groomed like a golf course. Thanks to all the helpers, Herb and Kim Llewellen for running the line and Wayne Shaw did the scoring duties and the local Boy Scouts provided lunch and they were the target crew . Everyone did a great job and the match ran smoothly. The weather and conditions were good for the most part, got a little hot and switchy for the 200 on Sunday to remind everyone that they were still at Fairfax after all. Congrats to the winners VFS-100 Brian Fitch 250-24x , it took 23x to get in the top 5. James Hooper won Hunter class at 100 with 250-16x. John Bosley won VFS-200 with 250-14x, it took 10x to make the top 6. James Hooper won Hunter 200 with a 248-3x score. Fairfax's own Wayne France won the VFS Grand Agg with a 500-34x Score, there were 7-500's shot over the weekend. Well if you have been paying any attention at all you already know that James Hooper won the Hunter Grand agg with a 997-54x score. There was a lot of great scores shot and I think everyone had a good time. It was great to visit with some old friends and I got to meet a number of new ones. It was a good reminder that there are a great bunch of people in Benchrest, so if you are good people come join in the fun. Congrats to all that shot well and thanks to all that helped out.

been quite awhile since i've noticed it at a match. I decided I've gotten too old to travel long distances for matches so declined going. I also noticed James Hooper nearly won the whole thing. It remains a points game none the less.

Pete

Pete, it's been awhile since I have shot 2-3yrs. since I shot a match probably 5-6 since I have shot regularly. I didn't have a barrel that was competitive so kind of lost interest. When I saw the nationals were going to be in Fairfax I figured I would go visit if nothing else, was hoping to see you there. I had Mike Fisher make me a new barrel several years ago but I hadn't shot it much( 200 rds maybe) so I decided to give it a try. I looked at my notes and loaded what had appeared to show some promise and went. I think the barrel is going to be pretty good but now I have to learn to shoot again :) I had a good time visiting with everyone and the gun showed promise enough to revive my interest some so I think I'm going to shoot some local stuff and see if I can learn how to shoot again, if I can I may get back in the game. Good to hear from you, maybe I'll see ya at a match sometime

Congratulations James Hooper for his 100, 200 yard and the Grand in hunter. John Bosley for his 200 yd win in vfs. Wayne in another vfs grand win and Lee Martin and Dean & Nick Breedon. That was 3 yardage wins and 2 grands plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd in vfs plus 5 of the top 6 in vfs... you guys really made me proud....thanks George

Back