I just ordered what will become my dedicated BR gun

C

Craig02351

Fantastic deal on a regulated gun with match trigger and well respected barrel
BSA Super 10 mk3
$895
Not as sexy as your Theobens but I got myself into the same ballpark I think.

From what I hear the loading tray is too tight so I just hope that I dont have any accuracy loss from the magazine.

ill be looking to find a used Weaver target scope for it, they also seem a good value

Nice choice Craig! I bought one also a few months ago but with a Bull Barrel that i plan to bring to next outdoor shoot. We can let you experiment and then tune mine after :).

Hehe

Hope you get a good one

Norm

Very cool, will be interesting to compare the rifles
what do you think of your accuracy so far? and the trigger?
you have brought the AAMPR to the last couple shoots is that a
bad sign for the BSA?

Not a bad sign just a lack of test time. I got a bad bottle valve when I first got it and had to send it back to be repaired/replaced. I also had issues with getting good scope mounts and the scope I got for it had issues.

I also started messing around with the "baffling" that comes with the bull barrel. I came up with a unique solution for that issue you will have to wait and see.

Finally I like the MPR FT for shooting inside so I have been waiting for a outside shoot (we got bumped from last one).

It shoots similar to the MPR FT so I expect it to do ok. The trigger is very nice and the barrels are at least the equal of the LW's according to a lot of what I have read.

It's a .22 if I didn't mention that before and I think it will do better in the wind.

I'll let you experiment with the insides first then teach me heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you must have received it by now! What's your impressions so far???

Nope, it will be here Friday
and i'll be in NH for a Funeral =(
I will post with my impressions this weekend for sure.

I am presumming this is for you father-in-law, so tell your wife we are sorry for her loss.

Dave

it is for him yes
he never really recovered from his episode that day of the indoor shoot
finnally passed this monday
i will relay that on to my wife and thank you very much

:)call air hog they have some good deals on muller scopes great guys to deal with you can get a 26 power for about 200$
Fantastic deal on a regulated gun with match trigger and well respected barrel
BSA Super 10 mk3
$895
Not as sexy as your Theobens but I got myself into the same ballpark I think.

From what I hear the loading tray is too tight so I just hope that I dont have any accuracy loss from the magazine.

ill be looking to find a used Weaver target scope for it, they also seem a good value

:)call air hog they have some good deals on muller scopes great guys to deal with you can get a 26 power for about 200$

ps i got one with the ao clear as can be i love it ask for martin tell him bumpuncher sent ya

Craig,
Condolences to your wife and family for the loss of her father.
Paul

thanks Paul i will pass that on to her also

can i ask what the fore width of the Theoben benchrest stocks you and DAve have is?
i am going to set up the Superten with that style stock and cant decide between 3" or 3.5" my bottle is only 2" so thats not going to be an issue. My other idea is a Harris bipod and Accushot mono pod on the basic stock but I have never seen anyone use a setup like that for BR only snipers really.

My first impression on the S10 is that it looks well made and the design is nice and simple. The bolt handle is way to small and cycles stiff, i can prolly make a better bolt handle and hopefully with use the action will smooth out. I think that it is a little more powerful than i would like for BR, if weather lets up ill chrony it tomorrow. I could not resist and have already gotten into the trigger, it was great out of the box for regular shooting and such but now its just a light touch to shoot, no first stage just an ounce or so with no movement to break. I am looking forward to really testing accuracy. Dont suppose you would be up for some indoor range work in holbrook tomorrow?

Craig,

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

You have the standard complaints about the S10 so far heh. Is it a .22 or a .177? My .22 is hitting about 29 FT lbs with JSB exacts.
If you go on Airgunadvice.com there is a guy 220swift that makes a lot of stuff for the Theobans and a few parts for the S10 (bolt handles) if you would just rather buy one. He does a lot of the work for Pomona Airguns.
I still haven't shot mine much but hope to soon.

thanks Norm, I hadnt seen that website before. Reading the back log of stuff on there will keep me busy for awhile.

mine is a .22 and im gonna guess doing bout 30fpe
if i could shoot it at 850fps that would be bout 25fpe and would add lots of shots to a bottle fill. Lighter hammer spring may be in my future, im not up for messing with the regulator at all. (i guess some dude in UK sells a spring package and tuning video)
also I forgot to mention that the moderator is uneffective, still quite a loud shooter. I bet your bullbarrel doesnt have that issue though.

Craig,

The maximum allowed width is 3" in AGBR, as well as most other benchrest organizations.

Dave

WOW! I STAND CORRECTED! Thank you very much Kevin for pointing that out to me as I had always thought we did have such a restriction written into the rules. Of course, where we allow for rail airguns, or any other type of airgun for that matter so long as they're either .177, .20 or .22 caliber, it only makes sense.

Dave

Thats good to know, im gonna see how I do with a bipod/monopod setup. Seeing as how my rifle has no recoil I think it should do as well as a rest and bag.

Craig
I use to shoot my Ans 2002CA with a bipod on the front and a small brick bag on the rear. Both my wife Sissy and I did quite well with it back in out days of shooting the AgO class in Br-50. After a couple years Dick Miller made me a 3 inch wide piece of Delrin that fit my handrail and we switched over to the standard setup that you see most guys shooting now with a two piece rest.
Looking back over our scores, we pretty shot the same scores.

that is encouraging, would be nice to have the gun sut up with the bipod for around the yard.

Back