I have an 6brx do i need special dies or will 6br dies work??? thanks Seneca

Without a full length body die, those cases will get tight at the base after several firings. You need a full length body die Harrell makes them. Send them two or three cases and they'll pick a die that will get her done.

That depends on how well you want your BRX to shoot. If you just want it to go bang, then you will be OK with 6 BR dies backed off. If you want the accuracy the case is capable of then you will need to get dies that work with your chamber. You always want dies that are the closest possible fit to your chamber.

Rick

Plus 1 on that, you will be getting a click soon because you can't size the base. I would check with Harrell's to see if they make a die for BRX don't waste a barrel and a chamber job over a die, do it right from the start...jim

Seneca, Bob Crone designed the setup SPECIFICALLY to use standard 6BR dies...... There is no "sizing of the base" because in the real world you cannot size the bottom part of the case (called the casehead) on a standard press using standard dies anyway....and as far as "setting back the shoulder".... well that's just, (Uhh, my Mom might be reading so....) silly.

I hate it when a bright man designs something that works and folks jump in and bash him or his concept/idea without ever taking the time to OWN ONE or, more to UNDERSTAND ONE!

Please search "Bob Crone" or "6BRX" to see that you absolutely CAN and SHOULD use standard 6BR dies. You set them up and use them just like any other die. NOTHING untoward nor mysterious.

Seneca, Bob Crone designed the setup SPECIFICALLY to use standard 6BR dies...... There is no "sizing of the base" because in the real world you cannot size the bottom part of the case (called the casehead) on a standard press using standard dies anyway....and as far as "setting back the shoulder".... well that's just, (Uhh, my Mom might be reading so....) silly.

I hate it when a bright man designs something that works and folks jump in and bash him or his concept/idea without ever taking the time to OWN ONE or, more to UNDERSTAND ONE!

Please search "Bob Crone" or "6BRX" to see that you absolutely CAN and SHOULD use standard 6BR dies. You set them up and use them just like any other die. NOTHING untoward nor mysterious.

Duh, I stand corrected and learned something.
Rick

You can't size the base? I guess not a .100 short..... jim

Did a 30BRX for my VFS gun and used standard 30BR dies to size the case. Occasionally, I'd touch up the back end using a carbide 45ACP die. Worked great!

Good shootin'. -Al :)

Did a 30BRX for my VFS gun and used standard 30BR dies to size the case. Occasionally, I'd touch up the back end using a carbide 45ACP die. Worked great!

Good shootin'. -Al :)

Hi Al,

What did you see in terms of gain vs a regular 6 BR?

Thanks,

Pete

Yes.....but

I have competed with a pair of 6BRX's for 8 yrs. For the first 5 yrs I used my straight 6BR dies. Over time I developed bolt click because the last .1 of the case a BRX die would size was not being sized. I did more than my share of winning during that time, the rifles,built by Bob Green of York Pa were extremely accurate. At the 5 yr mark I had Bob make me a custom BRX die to minimize the click. I shoot about 1500 rds per yr out of each rifle. By the way, I still use some of those original cases. I often marvel when those who have never had a particular cartridge feel inclined to offer advice/proclamations about it. Enjoy your BRX, easy to tune and works 100 to 1000 yds quite well.

Back