HW,Wally Siebert, passes

Butch Lambert

Just received an email from Wally's Son,Ray, that Wally passed yesterday. I have enjoyed calling Wally a friend.
Boy! I hate to lose the good guys.
Butch

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, I was lucky enough to have been able to visit with him on the phone several times. He was a fine fellow, and a pioneer in our sport. I am sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed.

As Wibur said.

I had the first 32 X Siebert conversion on the old leupold 24 X scope -amazing .

Any time that I had a question it was quickly answered.
He will be truely missed.

Glenn

Just received an email from Wally's Son,Ray, that Wally passed yesterday. I have enjoyed calling Wally a friend.
Boy! I hate to lose the good guys.
Butch

I also heard the news from Ray. I have been friends with Wally since shooting with him in the first Super Shoot in 1973. He was a fine and talented man and a master of scope conversions. I have several. He will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Wally. ----Bill Summers

I had the pleasure of meeting Wally on numerous occasions and I use to talk to him on the phone between his trips to Australia. Had, well I lost count of the number of scopes he did for me. Will miss him.
Bill

It is indeed sad news that Wally has passed away, one of the good guys. He was well known in Australia and was still fixing scopes for us fellow shooters Down Under although it has been some years since we had the pleasure of him visiting us.
He will be sadly missed.
Keith Smith
OZ, Down Under

God Bless You Wally,

What a great guy Wally was. Spoke numerous hours on the phone with him. He made a lot of small gaggets that were very useful. He will be missed.

Hovis

We got the sad news over the weekend at the Tacoma shoot. We knew his health hadn’t been very good, but it is still a shock when someone like him passes. Another fixture of the northwest is gone but not soon forgotten. So long my friend!

Rick Graham

DSCN8070.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe thirteen years ago I had Wally rebarrel a rifle for me. Top quality work, and a true gentleman. He knew his business and was more than willing to explain things to me, and answer questions. Very sad news.

Back