How was the St Louis shoot?

It was one of the hottest, most humid, miserable shoots I have ever attended. DAMN we had a good time. Even counting the 3776 mile round trip. Don

Yes it was Hottttttttt!!! I enjoyed myself a lot, as this was the first big shoot i have ever attended. A little overwhelming at first, but none the less an enjoyable weekend. lots of good people, and lots of nice rifles. The winds on sunday were really tricky, and i even heard some folks say the toughest they had ever seen. I cant wait for the next one!! Lee

Thank you Don and Lee for the report. I wish I could have made it,if only to look round and check out a big benchrest shoot

Thanks to EngineerBill

........it was this hot!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

HOT.jpg

It was very hot. The air conditioned clubhouse was a cool oasis. Saturday's conditions were pretty mild, for St. Louis. Sunday was very windy right from the start, we got a quick rain storm, then more switching winds and then a calm set in for the last match of the day.

Saturday:
4746890118_bd93587aea_b.jpg

Relay 2:
4746250595_f1e3b9cc81_b.jpg

Late Saturday evening:
4746899434_f9c7fe44c7_b.jpg

Jerry

East-West Pics

Jerry,

Thanks for posting your excellent pics. It is very much appreciated by all........:D

Hey Dan,
Not only so many daisy wheels, where is the wind? Check out the tails!!!

Hey Dan,
Not only so many daisy wheels, where is the wind? Check out the tails!!!

I think the range at St. Louis was trying to con us into thinking it's not such a bad range after all. Conditions dropped pretty good for the last match on Sunday as well after the downpour blew through the range with rain coming down at about 45 degrees. Last weekend was nothing like the conditions we had there at the nationals last year.

Last edited:
Back