Hog Roast

M

Maddog

Hal Drake shooting his trusty 30 BR HV with a tuner :eek: took it to the faithful at 100 yards with a .1535 agg. Second place was a .18??? agg. Not too shabby for a deer cartridge. :p. Good shooting Hal.

Now that is an impressive agg with ANYTHING! But those 30's can't shoot that well, or can they?

Let's hope he does as well at 200 with it! :)

Didn't anyone bother to tell Hal, "that'll NEVER work"! :eek::D Thanks for the spy report! Seriously, Great shootin', Hal. Congratulations! :) RG

30 Br

Thats some fine shootin Hal!! I bet ya didnt have to hold much ya got a good piece of steel...... Who's barrel who's tuner?????

Now that is an impressive agg with ANYTHING! But those 30's can't shoot that well, or can they?

Let's hope he does as well at 200 with it! :)

Hal knows how to shoot....1 bounce off the turf for 200 and 2 bounces for 300.:eek:

Gawd, but I do love it...

When someone does something that benchrest conventional wisdom says can't be done.

Moly bullets win the Super Shoot two or three times. .22 shorts win the Super Shoot twice.

Now in spite of all the keyboard experts that said it couldn't be done, experts who mostly have never tried a 30 BR, some guy is too dumb to realize that it couldn't be done and he does it.:D:D:D:D:D

Dick Wright

Can't be done?

Too soon we forget 2006 IBS 2-300yard group nationals, When Dean Breeden and Harley Baker took 1st and 2nd in HV with the 30 Br.
Nothing dumb about it. Good shooting Hal.:D
Ken

Congrats Hal

Just think what you could have done if you hadn't threaded the muzzle!

I guess I'll have to borrow that one next time...guessing I'm not gonna get my rifle back from Julia or Julia's Husband!

Congrats to all at Black Creek as well! Hope everyone does well at their chosen match tomorrow...I'll be attending my 4th and 5th baseball games of the weekend instead of making the drive to Thurmont...Good news is that so far the boys have won all 3!

Tom

the finale

Hal, shooting his deer gun, finished 2nd in the HV grand bested by Dave Bruno. 7th in the 2 gun. Not bad for a score shooter. Good shooting to all.

Hobie Bond stated that Hal came within .150 thousandths of the agg record as he was passing out the wood.

Dave Bruno took the two gun.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. Even though I knew the gun was shooting, I had no idea it could put down an agg like that. Anyway, it was a well run match with great hospitality and food. Thanks goes out to all the folks at Fairchance.

I had the privilege of shooting right next to Dave all weekend, one heck of a nice guy and a great shooter. This afternoon, he shot fantastic in some not so simple conditions. Hats off to Dave for the HV200, the grand and the 2-gun win...Frank Marks won the LV grand.

Great Shooting Hal!

I'm the 30-30 shooter, so I have no doubt about the accuracy potential of the 30BR. Could the new 30's begin to dominate bench rest? If the number of 30 cal shooters was equal to the number of PPC shooters, they would really feel the heat then. Way to go!

Michael

Congratulations Hal and Dave Bruno.

"Historic Hal" shot a .1550 aggregate at HV 100, which is only .0151 off the NBRSA World Record. He also finished in the top ten in the grand aggregate with that monster. He had a sign on his loading trailer selling used .30 caliber barrels for $500 after the yardage.

Dave Bruno "Mo Wood" won the Two-gun. Smiley won LV 200. Frank Metz won LV grand. Steve Theye won LV 100. I think Dave also won the LV grand. I can't remember who won HV 200 (was packing up the truck).

Also, congrats to new shooter Mo Howard.

Great shoot and a darn good time at Fairchance.

Congrats,Hal

To lay down a near record agg withy any thing is a tough task. Many have said that it was just a matter of time before a shooter with a hot 30 grabbed a big win in Registered Competition. By big, I don't mean just winning, but winning with such a phenominol agg.
I am sure many of us on the Forum would like to hear about the particulars of your Rifle and Combination, from the Tuner on the end of the barrel to the Bullets coming out of it.
Congratualtions on a what might prove to be a rather historic moment in Benchrest, as soon as it sinks in to everybody just what you accomplished........jackie

Back