HELP! Trigger for Ruger No.!

P

PThree

I am looking for a decent trigger to put in my Ruger No. 1. The only trigger I can find is the Kepplinger Single-Set trigger available thru Brownell,s. Can anyone tell me about this particular trigger and are there other triggers out there that will work in a Ruger No.1?
Thanks,
Paul

Fred,
Thank you for the information. Allso I just down loaded the Accuracy Tips for the Ruger #1 that you steered me to. Really appreciate your help. I am ordering a Kepplinger trigger right now!

Thanks again!!
Paul

Brownell's also carries the Moyer trigger for the #1...

It's basically the same style trigger that the Ruger #1 had originally when it was first designed and was adjustable for sear engagement, overtravel and weight of pull. It looks like it's only available in stainless from Brownell's now.

paul,

While you are ordering your new trigger, also get a light weight hammer with reduced sear engagement. This will give you a much nicer let off over just getting the new trigger.

Scott

Paul - I installed a Moyers trigger in my #1 several years ago. installation was pretty easy and I like it. I bought it thru Midway.

Scott - Does Brownell's sell the lightweight hammer? Isn't this simply a main spring with lighter pressure? Is that difficult to install? Thanks, Gene

Ruger No. 1 trigger

PThree, I've got a new, never installed, Kepplinger single set for Ruger No.1. Got it for a project gun (older model No.1) and never used it. If you're interested, contact me at donross@comporium.net.

Don Ross

Ruger No. 1 trigger

PThree, I've got a new, never installed, Kepplinger single set for Ruger No.1. Got it for a project gun (older model No.1) and never used it. If you're interested, contact me at donross@comporium.net.

Don Ross

Don,

Thanks for the offer, but I have already ordered one from Brownell's.
Paul

Ruger No.1

I am looking for a decent trigger to put in my Ruger No. 1. The only trigger I can find is the Kepplinger Single-Set trigger available thru Brownell,s. Can anyone tell me about this particular trigger and are there other triggers out there that will work in a Ruger No.1?
Thanks,
Paul

I have a Ruger No.1 V on order now, and I am going to put the Kepplinger
trigger on it because I like the unset trigger for hunting and the set trigger
for target. And, it's no more expensive than a Jewell trigger. Badlands

As info., the Kepplinger trigger I mentioned to Paul is gone. Had no idea that others might be interested.

Don Ross

Back