Help Please!!

D

dj78nc

Im looking at going to Italy this year for the world benchrest. I need an air rifle because i figure if i go that far i might as well shoot everything i can. Well first what should I get? Anschutz 8002 maybe? ok heres the next thing. there is like 6 classes over there and there restricting power to 8.13 joules, 16.27 joules and 27.12 joules in some. the formula for joules is 1/2 of a .53g pellet but in the formula its in kg times the velocity in (meters per second) squared for 8.13 joules and the only difference in the other two is they use a .68g pellet. i was told an anschutz shoots about 585 fps but im not sure what weight pellet it shoots that speed but just say its the .53 then it comes out to like 9.58 joules. so heres my question is this right? if so is there a way to turn it down a little to make the 8.13 class and is a 9.58 joule gun gonna compete at 50 meters with a 27 joule gun? am i gonna have to buy 3 guns to keep up? am i gonna have to size my pellets, lube them? i dont have a clue on any of this so any help would be appreciated. dj

This is basically the 6, 12, and 20 fpe guns. Match guns, British limit guns, and American FT guns. The 6 and 12 pound guns will be shot at 25 y/m? and the 20 FPE guns will be shot at 50M. I doubt that anyone but US shooters will compete in the 20lb class and it is being offered just to shut us up about why they shoot to the restricted liimit. The distance shot will assure that the scores will look bad and not competitive with the European shooters. The match guns are so close to equal, any will work in the match class. The barrels could be improved so if you really want a killer gun, rebarrel it with a Wiehrach barrel and concentrate on one class of airguns. JMHO

I doubt that anyone but US shooters will compete in the 20lb class and it is being offered just to shut us up about why they shoot to the restricted limit. The distance shot will assure that the scores will look bad and not competitive with the European shooters.
Pray tell me where on earth you get this idea from :mad:
We shoot with the restrictions imposed upon us by law, for instance, in the UK 12ftlb is the maximum power output for non-licensed air rifles and is more than adequate for 25yd target shooting, we even have some intrepid shooters trying their luck at 50m with these rifles.
If any of your fellow countrymen choose to shoot at power levels above 12ftlb they will not be at any disadvantage as they will be shooting against rifles of similar power levels and not compared in any way with other scores in other classes, why should they be?
What would be gained by trying to imply that US shooters are less competitive than their European counterparts :confused:
Your comments are an ill informed attempt at being divisive and I see no reason for them, are we not all shooters trying to pursue our chosen sport/pastime to the best of our ability.
Robb H

Back